Qualified Dispensing Optician - Norfolk
Mobile Qualified Dispensing Optician
Your role lies in delivering, fitting and adjusting prescription glasses in the patient’s home. In addition you will carry out Dispensing and “Aftercare” home visits in the community. You will be point of contact for the non-qualified members of the delivery team as and when necessary and offer dispensing support to our optometrists when required.
Activities of the role
- Motivated and focused on achieving own goals
- Train and support existing and new field based staff
- Contribute to the ongoing development of company policies to further develop the Clinical Services and Support Department.
- Giving advice, information and support to patients living with sight loss
- Dealing with general ad-hoc queries such as refund requests, consent to leave spectacles etc
- Confident about working alone and as part of a regional team
- Commercially aware, and comfortable with achieving KPI’s
- Dedicated to exemplary patient service to ensure patient satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills to include empathy and patience
- Desire to do, see and enjoy a job well done
- Confident driver and enjoys being out on the road
- Valid UK driving licence with at least 2 years experience
- Competitive salary
- GOC and ABDO fees paid
- Performance related bonus
- Fully expensed company car
- Comprehensive training
- Career progression opportunities
- Company pension
- Weekends off
- Generous holiday entitlement
All successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory written references, medical clearance, and evidence of your right to work in the UK and Disclosure Certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service (Formerly the CRB)
References: One of your referees must be your current line manager and all references must cover the previous five years work or study history.
There is a No Smoking Policy throughout The Outside Clinic.
All job descriptions are subject to review, and there will be initial consultation with the jobholder. The Outside Clinic is an equal opportunities employer.