We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced optometrist to join our specialist patient-focused team in Birmingham.
Optical Express has come a long way since we opened our first store in 1991. From those beginnings we’ve grown to almost 130 stores and clinics, and we are now your complete eye care provider. From glasses and contact lenses to laser, lens and cataract surgery, we’re here to make poor vision a thing of the past for our patients.
Over £400 million has been invested in our clinics and in the most advanced technology, so it’s no wonder we’re the number one choice for laser eye surgery patients in the UK. Every week, our optometrists and surgeons help to transform the vision of thousands of people across the country.
Optical Express works at the forefront of the optical industry, introducing the market leading technology that not only enhances your skill set, but also provides an exceptional patient experience that really does change lives.
Your day will be varied and will include:
- Eye examinations
- Contact lens fittings
- Pre and post-operative consultations for our Refractive Surgery patients
- Providing clinical support to our Ophthalmologists
To ensure you have maximum support day-to-day, you will work alongside an exceptional professional team in the stores and clinics, as well as invaluable guidance from the Clinical Services Team, including some of the most respected Ophthalmologists and Surgeons in the industry.
In return, you’ll receive a fantastic selection of benefits including:
- Salary - market leading salary with bonus and the possibility of a relocation package.
- Bonus –the opportunity to significantly increase your salary through our reward and recognition scheme.
- Flexibility - we can offer an array of fantastic flexible working patterns to suit your lifestyle.
- Professional Development - unrivalled learning and progression opportunities.
- Industry Leading Training – we make ongoing investment in the continued development of our Optometrist Trainers.
- CET - the opportunity to attend our events to gain CET points.
- Access to Ophthalmologists and Surgeons - giving you the opportunity to receive first-class in-house clinical guidance.
- Shared Venture Partnership - opportunities to become a Clinical partner in locations across the UK
- Technology - access to the most advanced technology in the industry.
- Extra benefits – Healthcare, private pension, indemnity insurance and life assurance, childcare vouchers and an attractive holiday allowance. You’ll also have any professional membership fees paid.
From providing our own unique professional training to rewards that recognise great performance, you’ll find life at Optical Express more satisfying than you ever imagined.