Dispensing Branch Director - Reading
Dispensing Branch Director, Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care - Reading Branch
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Saturday
A rare and exciting opportunity to manage our Reading Branch
Got an eye for style? Love helping people choose a new look and managing a team?
If you’ve been successfully managing another branch, and you’ve got a GOC Dispensing Optician qualification under your belt, plus you care about customers and want to help them live life to the full, we should be talking.
Naturally, you’ll be a great communicator and a manager who knows just how to get the best out of their team. In return, we’ll give you a competitive salary plus an attractive benefits package and a great place to work.
Dispensers at Leightons go above and beyond to give our customers the special treatment and show we care. Plus, our branch managers set the store’s standards high and inspire others to follow in their footsteps.
If you love exciting brands and are passionate about going above and beyond for the customer, we should be talking.
PRODUCTS. From world-renowned eyewear brands to independent boutique products and cutting edge lens technology, we know that enjoying your job comes from working with brands you love.
CARE. Clinical excellence is at our heart, so we are always investing in making sure that doesn’t end when someone leaves the consulting room. That’s why we’re rolling out the ZEISS i.Terminal Mobile across our stores, so every customer enjoys a fitting experience as professional and precise as the lenses they are measured for.
SUPPORT. Our DOs work with highly trained optical assistants and are supported by a bespoke training academy, CET provision and a dedicated Professional Services team.
OPPORTUNITY. Ready to step up in your career? As a dispensing optician with Leightons, you may also have the opportunity to join the leadership team as a Branch Manager in the future. As a leader in the business, you can help shape the success of the branch, define the customer experience and influence the products you sell.
Read on to find out more.
Who we are
Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care is family owned. We’ve been in business now for 90 years by caring deeply about our customers.
Our vital statistics:
- There are 22 lovingly created, company-owned, stores.
- Plus, 9 proudly franchised outlets, 2 JV's, 1 that has its own totally unique identity - Spectrum Eyecare, and growing…
- Employing 227 happy and caring employees.
- Helping 1000s of customers to see… to hear… to live life to the full.
Why choose us?
Because we care…
We are an optician with a genuine commitment to customer care. We care deeply about our customers, staff, suppliers and our local communities.
We see things differently.
We believe in taking time to deliver a genuinely personalised service. Because great service makes people happy, and happy people stay with us for longer. It’s simple really.
The sky’s the limit.
Find all the support and training you need to develop in your role. Have world-class suppliers at your finger tips. And a top class team to help you deliver the very best eye care.
A competitive salary. Plus an attractive benefits package including:
- Bonus scheme (unusually it’s uncapped!)
- A contribution towards a Gym/Club membership
- Private medical insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Life cover 2 x salary or 4 x salary if in the pension scheme
- Professional indemnity insurance paid
- 27 days holidays
- Staff discounts
Who we look for
There are all kinds of people working at Leightons but we find they broadly fit into the same kind of mould. They are:
- People who care about other people.
- People who listen.
- People who want the best for the business and its customers.
- People who aren’t content to sit still and adapt to change easily.
- People who are motivated and driven and want to be the best they can be.
- People who are fun to work with.
- People who love life and want to help others live it to the full.
Think you’ll fit right in? Then get in touch.
Either apply directly or if you would prefer to have a confidential discussion or meeting before applying, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us on 01252 823419.