Optical Returns Technician - Birmingham
4 days left
- Full Time
6 Month Maternity Contract - Starting ASAP
A full time Returns Technician is required to work for a lens manufacturer based in Birmingham alongside their customer service team. The company provides Optical lenses/glazing services to Opticians all across the country.
You will work as part of the Returns Team to action queries relating to glasses that have been returned by the client deemed to be factory error in a timely manner - and to ensure that the information given to them is reliable and up-to-date. To manage all inbound & queries from the Customer Service team are dealt with in an accurate and consistent manner. All departmental standard operating procedures are carried out on a daily basis and are the responsibility of the returns technician.
Mains Tasks will be;
- To resolve all returns queries in a timely, accurate and consistent manner by ensuring that glasses are analysed accurately and data from company MI systems is used to give the correct information and outcome.
- To build rapport with the BOL team with the outbound calls that are made to practice
- To deal with inbound calls/queries in a polite and efficient manner - ensuring that the query is dealt with effectively and to the full satisfaction of BOL
- To build long term relationships with BOL
- Support and approach the Returns position with a 'can do attitude' always looking for a better way.
- To fully interact with the supply chain team across all of the relevant sites.
- To portray a professional image of BBGR at all times
- To fully comply with all of the departmental standard operating procedures at all times
- To support the coaching and monitoring process within the Returns / Customer Service team and to ensure that calls made to store comply with all of the relevant criteria of the perfect call
- To take responsibility for health and safety issues.
You MUST have an excellent knowledge of the Optical industry, ideally working as a Glazing Technician, dealing with Customer Service as well. You will have a self-motivated and positive attitude to work, and enjoy building good working relationships with clients.
The role is to work Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with the odd weekend day on rota. The salary on offer is between £16,000 to £18,000.
This is a maternity contract to cover 6 months, starting ASAP.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or alternatively call 0114 238 1726.
Apply for Optical Returns Technician - Birmingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly