FSSC Administrator - Pensions 1
Our Finance Shared Service Centre is based just outside the city centre of Nottingham, where we are currently recruiting for a Pensions Administrator to join their busy Pensions team on a Fixed Term Contract for 3 months. You will be responsible for developing and implementing reporting for the pensions team, ensuring that the daily activities around processing of all transactional data within the team is completed accurately to a high standard and in a professional manner, with clean audits (internal and external). Identifying the root cause of issues as they arise and have the mind set of continuous improvement for the finance team. To support the implantation of new systems and processes, procedures and service level agreements.
Previous experience of working in a Finance Centre is not necessary, but ideally you will be confident at using Excel, and demonstrate excellent multi-tasking skills.
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, apply today!
Specsavers remains the number one optical retailer in the UK and continues to grow each year but we don’t like to rest on our laurels. In recent years, we’ve introduced and rapidly expanded our audiology services, opened hundreds of stores in new international territories and taken our services out to the homes of those unable to access our stores. We never sit still and our consistent growth means we’re always interested in taking on new, talented people. There’s never been a better time to join the Specsavers journey.
- To be responsible for the extraction and manipulation of relevant payroll and pension information in order to ensure that the right contributions are paid to the pension providers.
- Responsible for producing and reconciling a number of reports, including OPRA, SHP, Zurich and Auto-enrolment reports.
- Manage and be responsible for the Opt outs / Refunds process.
- To support projects for the Finance team including systems implementations, ensuring a smooth transition.
- Lead by example in creating a positive and enjoyable environment, whilst being an expert in this field.
- Ensure evidence of regular reconciliation of financial information and / or statements are kept and for improving the accuracy and integrity of financial records
- Support Pensions Manager with annual and ad hoc activities, project work and implementation of process improvements through detailed analysis, testing and mitigation of project risks
- To ensure that all transactions are correctly allocated on a right first time basis when entering deductions on to the payroll system.
- Liaising with Finance Customer Relations, Employment Services and stores to resolve escalated queries
- To ensure effective line of communication with the business and to implement any value adding changes.
- Liaise and build relationships with other departments to ensure accurate information and promote the FSSC department, by providing a consistently high standard of service.
- Active Involvement in Morning Markets (regular team briefings), ensuring deadlines, SLA’s and KPI’s are adhered to.
- To monitor and report on legislative changes, recommend and implement process changes required to our processes in order for us to comply with legislation.
- User of MS Excel and relevant payroll and finance systems
- Ability to create, run and interpret reports to highlight accuracy and mitigate financial risk for the FSSC.
- Excellent grasp of customer service through KPIs & SLAs and the ability to lead Morning Markets.
- Excellent understanding of when escalation is required.
- Knowledge of other Finance Departments and their processes.
- Excellent understanding of Finance processes and controls
- Excellent ability in processing and interpreting data and communicating this information
- Query resolution ability.
- Demonstrate an ability to support projects through detailed analysis, testing and mitigation of project risks.
Desirable skills include:
- Relevant experience in pensions and/or payroll administration or analysis
- Have or studying towards a relevant pension qualification, such as the Certificate in Pensions Administration.
Specsavers is a partnership and we firmly believe success comes from the work and enthusiasm of our highly-motivated people, as a family owned business, people are at the heart of all we do, that is why we have fantastic reward package.
- 25 days holiday entitlement, increasing 1 day for every 5 years of service (PRO RATA)
- Specsavers Perks offering discount at a large number of retailers
- Health care scheme
- Flexible benefits package. This includes the option to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers
- Eye test and glasses vouchers every 2 years
- A wide range of internal training courses
- Pension scheme
- Free office car parking
- A full and comprehensive induction programme followed by on-going structured personal development plan
- Canteen games room
- Free branded drinks (coffee, speciality tea's, fruit juice)
- Opportunities to support with community days and charity fundraising events