Super Optom - Flexible 3,4 or 5 days a week - No weekend work! - North Wales
Reporting to: Director of Professional Services, Nick.
At The Outside Clinic we believe in making a difference to our patient’s lives, bringing them the very best in domiciliary eye care. This is why high quality opticians around the UK want to work for us. We are entering an exciting phase of growth and are looking for opticians that are passionate about helping people to join our team. As a Super Optom you will be visiting patients at their home address or care setting. Be prepared to leave the testing room and get connected to patients in your community. Our goal is to combine first class optometry and the delivery of an exceptional patient experience.
This is a perfect position if you are seeking a new challenge. The Super Optom role will provide you with a whole host of additional skill sets along with job satisfaction. If all this wasn’t enough you will get every weekend and bank holiday off to enjoy too!
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Eye tests – we expect all of our opticians to adhere to the GOC individual code of conduct.
- Superior customer service skills and thorough understanding of sales process with a needs based approach.
- Awesome, positive, can-do attitude. Highly motivated, results driven personality.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Very organised with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently in a mobile environment.
- Valid UK driving licence with at least 2 years experience due to insurance requirements.
- Operate in line with company policies, procedures, NHS guidelines and current legislation at all times.
- To comply with all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and with the Company’s current Health and Safety Policies.
- A passion for optometry!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Every weekend off!
- The option to work 3, 4 or 5 days a week for a better work-life balance.
- In-house Continuing Education and Training programme.
- Fully expensed company car.
- GOC fees are covered annually.
- Discounted eye wear and hearing products Full support.
- We pride ourselves on the support we are able to offer our professional staff in all areas.
All successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory written references, medical clearance, and evidence of your right to work in the UK and Disclosure Certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service (Formerly the CRB)
References: One of your referees must be your current line manager and all references must cover the previous five years work or study history.
Under the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, it is the duty of every employee
- To take reasonable care of themselves and others at work.
- To co-operate with the The Outside Clinic as far as is necessary to enable them to carry out their legal duty.
- Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with anything provided, including personal protective equipment, for health and safety or welfare at work.
There is a No Smoking Policy throughout The Outside Clinic. This job description is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your Contract of Employment
The Outside Clinic is an Equal Opportunities employer.