Summer Placement - Stores Marketing
Marketing Summer Placement
We are offering a number of 4-week Summer Placements across various areas of our Specsavers Support office. These placement are open for any Guernsey based post-16 student to apply for. The students will experience a full application and interview process, and successful candidates will not only received paid summer employment but will also be given exposure to a suite of ‘life skills’ such as Communication Skills, Time Management, Teamwork, email etiquette as well as a session on how to create a Linkedin profile!
Senior Marketing Manager
Key internal relationships
National Marketing, Customer Engagement, Marketing Communications, Marketing Implementation, Marketing Analysis, Marketing Accounts, Creative Services, Direct Marketing, Digital, PR, Divisional Relationship Managers (DRMs), Regional Relationship Managers (RRMs), Retail Communications, Business Development, Legal, Finance
Key external relationships
Joint Venture Partners (JVPs), Store Managers, media, PR and other agencies
35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
The Marketing Communications and Performance Summer Placement student will work within the Marketing Communications team and Marketing Performance team supporting the delivery of communications of key campaigns to our partners, providing administrative, tactical and strategic marketing support to the Senior Marketing Managers and Marketing Managers.
We are committed to inspiring the next generation and our aim is to provide a worthwhile placement for successful students.
The rolePrincipal accountabilities
- Proof and sign off artwork accurately and to deadline provided by our creative services team.
- Create purchase order requests and process invoices received for stores marketing activity.
- Support and work collaboratively with other members of the wider Marketing team to ensure implementation of strategic and tactical activities.
- Providing marketing managers with support in the delivery of communications plans for key campaigns.
The individualCustomer focussed and a strong team player, this role requires a well-organised, committed individual with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.In daily contact with store directors, media agencies and key internal and external stakeholders, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are a pre-requisite.Excellent organisational and time-management skills, the ability to identify solutions and think on your feet are important attributes.Although marketing knowledge and experience is desirable, it is not essential. Indeed, it may suit someone with the necessary skills who is setting out on their marketing career.
Essential skills include
- Customer focussed team player who is committed to provide the best support and service to our internal and external stakeholders
- Organised with excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
- Good administrator – accurate, logical and well organised
- Effective and confident communicator and influencer; phone, written, and face-to-face
- Possessing good English and Maths grades
- Computer literate (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications)
Desirable skills include
- GCSE/A level or equivalent educated with an interest in a future career in Marketing
- Experience of working in a marketing, commercial, retail, PR or an account management environment
Closing Date 10th July 2018