Frame Buying Assistant
Did you know that Specsavers is the world's largest privately owned optical group represented in 10 countries globally?
We are recruiting for a Frame Buying Assistant, to be based in our Frames Team in Guernsey.
Specsavers provides almost 20m frames a year to its UK customers through more than 800 stores.
The Frames Team has overall accountability for defining and developing the global frame range and work closely with the product hubs in each territory to help develop targeted ranges that meet the market needs.
The Frame Buying Assistant will play several key roles in the support of the Frame team with the ultimate aim of ensuring the smooth selection and delivery of Frames from order into our stores through excellent planning and organisation skills, keeping stakeholders (internal and external) updated and being proactive in terms of continuous improvement for processes and systems.
This will be achieved through supporting and delivering in a number of areas covered by the role including:
- Providing administrative support to the team
- Assisting Head of & Category Managers
- Product administration support
- Picking and sending frames for photo shoots and assisting marketing with their requirements for frame data/ photos etc
- Support the Junior Buyers with labelling tray samples, putting them in trays and keeping them up to date Ensure all frames in the Frame Room are labelled correctly
- Support the development and maintenance of supplier profiles as required with the Frame Operations Manager
- Support the Frame Operations Manager with the maintenance of the supplier information data base
- Dispatch & receipt of supplier parcels and post.
This means this is an exciting and rare opportunity to support a variety of stakeholders and customers and will provide the perfect foundation for a career in Buying and Supply Chain within an ever growing sector.
Essential skills include:
- Ability to work on own initiative and take direction
- Has a strong ‘can do’ attitude and meets deadlines
- Personable and self-motivated
- A highly organised, detailed and proactive individual
- An excellent communicator at all levels and with all mediums
- A good working knowledge of of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Desirable skills include:
- Experience in working in a retail / optical environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Please note that this role is based in Guernsey, therefore the successful applicant will be in possession of a current valid Right to Work Permit.