Dispensing Optician - Oxford
We’re working with a really exciting technology company, based in Oxford, who work with extremely cutting-edge technology in Augmented Reality Glasses.
What’s special about this role?
· Technology start up, with glasses that use augmented reality and intelligent image interpretation technology
· Thousands of hours of research into a new way of helping those with partial sight loss
· Responsibility for educating others in this technology via CET events
· Relationship management - you’ll be working with Clinics, Hospital Eye Services and Specialist Institutes
· Plenty of Low Vision work if you have an interest/experience in this area
Based in Oxford, the company have spent many years researching into the brain, and how it construes visual information. This research has informed the development of a new era of glasses - and we want you to be a part of that.
What will you be doing?
As a new start up, the role is mostly based in Oxford and London. You’ll be travelling between these two locations, and also visiting any other Clinics and Hospital Eye Services along the way. Part of your role will be attending national and local events and demonstrating this exciting new technology to patients who it can really make a difference to.
The company are rolling out into Europe, so you will need the flexibility to travel as part of this role.
You’ll also be tasked with educating healthcare professionals, through CET events and presentations, about the benefits of this new technology. A big part of the role will be developing and maintaining relationships with these healthcare professionals.
You’ll also be dispensing directly to patients, advising them of their needs - and working to provide them with a new way of seeing.
What will the package look like?
Position: Dispensing Optician
Location: Oxford based, with travel to London
Salary: £23,000 - £32,000 depending on experience
Experience: Low Vision Accreditation/experience would be ideal
· 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
· Auto-enrolment pension scheme
· Sick pay policy in place
· Any travel expenses covered
· Package tailored to you - what’s important?
Key Skills and Qualifications
You’ll need to be registered with the General Optical Council as a Fully Qualified Dispensing Optician, and be on track to meet the statutory points requirements for CET.
How to apply
You can apply for this role by clicking ‘apply’ on our website or sending a copy of your most recent CV. If you would prefer to talk to one of our specialist Optometry consultants by phone, please call 0333 900 1111.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of making your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We do offer a recommend a friend scheme if you think you know a colleague who would be a great fit for this role - this could benefit you by £250 in cash!