Full-time Dispensing Optician - Norwich
We are recruiting for an experienced and ambitious Dispensing Optician at our Norwich practice.
In this role you will work as part of a team of optical professionals that strive to ensure every customer receives exceptional service.
The successful candidate will be expected to work to the highest professional standards and contribute to the continued success of our growing company.
As a highly established business, the company is committed to offer impeccable customer service, an individualised customer journey, longer testing times using the best and innovative products within the industry.
The principal aspects of the role are:
- interpret optical prescriptions;
- give advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling;
- with further training, fit contact lenses and give advice on their care and use;
- take frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning;
- advise patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed;
- check lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications;
- work collaboratively with team members and management colleagues in order to meet the objectives of the business;
- maximise sales whilst minimising costs to ensure the achievement of specified margins and targets.
- Qualified Dispensing Optician
- Relevant knowledge and experience in a similar role
- The ability to work efficiently in a team environment
- Commercially aware
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package including paid ABDO and GOC fees, pension scheme, staff discounts, uniform allowance, bonus scheme.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays, offering greater freedom for work-life balance.
- The company continuously invests in technology to ensure we can provide the most up to date screening and investigative techniques, such as OCT scan and fundus photography.