Supply Chain Optical Apprentice
Did you know….
- Specsavers is the largest privately owned Optical Group in the world with over 31,000 employees across the globe?
- We sold over 20 million frames & 425 million contact lenses last year?
- We manufactured over 40 million ophthalmic lenses last year?
- Last year we donated over £2.3m to charities and good causes?
- At the heart of our business is the Supply Chain function, who are responsible for providing the best quality products to our retail stores?
Due to continued success we have 4 exciting opportunities on offer to become a Supply Chain Optical Apprentice!
Our Supply Chain teams are responsible for the manufacture and supply of ophthalmic lenses, contact lenses, frames and acquisition of goods and services not for resale. The various teams in Supply Chain need to work closely together in order to provide the best quality products, on time, to our retail stores in the most efficient way possible. To do this successfully involves careful planning, forecasting and logistics across multiple jurisdictions.
Supply Chain at Specsavers starts from planning volumes and ranges, buying and / or manufacturing product and delivering it to stores.
As a Supply Chain Optical Apprentice you will work towards attaining the Level 3 Optical Technician qualification in your first year in role leading to the opportunity to further develop technical skills at Level 4. You will combine learning with technical application of skills in a Manufacturing site under supervision and guidance.
Initially based in Kidderminster, however a career within our Supply Chain results in global opportunities.
Is this you?
- A “can do” attitude
- Enquiring mind-set
- Hands on
- Willing to learn and grow
- Grade C or above in GCSE Mathematics & English
- GCSE Grade C or above in a science subject
- Voluntary or part time work experience
- Membership of a group, organisation or society with examples of responsibility
We are really excited about the career and opportunities on offer to you as an Apprentice with us, if you are too then apply today!
Closing date for applications is 30th April 2018.