CONSULTANT OPHTHALMOLOGIST | BELFAST | 4-5 DAYS PER MONTH| COMPETITIVE SALARY | BENEFITS
Welcome into the captivating world of refractive surgery – our client is one of the leading Independent household names in the market providing pre & post-op refractive surgery across the UK. Privately owned company.
As well as a continuous commitment to training that will enhance your career development, you will receive a competitive benefits package that will meet your needs and support your work/life balance.
- Must be GOC registered and have a current GOC number
- Must be NMC Registered
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Must have a current DBS
- Hardworking and Dynamic
- Must have superb customer service and communication skills
- Must be available to take emergency calls from patients
1 The Consultant shall:
- Perform pre-treatment and post treatment IOL and/or Intac consultations and examinations as necessary.
- Perform IOL and/or Intac surgery on patients and undertake such additional responsibilities as are incidental to the treatment of patients including all necessary aftercares.
- Be available as and when required to see IOL and/or Intac problem patients at any time post treatment.
- Be available as and when required to attend clinic to see IOL and/or Intac problem patients at any time post treatment.
- Be available as and when required to attend clinic to see any IOL and/or Intac patients if the Optometrist requires any further guidance from the Consultant.
- Be available to take emergency calls from patients on the night of surgery from 6pm – 8am. The Company will issue you with a mobile phone or if you prefer to use your own phone please provide contact details to the Company.
- Be available to take emergency calls one day post IOL and/or Intac surgery in the event that the Optometrist performing the one day post IOL and/or Intac check-up requires guidance from the consultant.
- Be available to attend clinic to review a patient one day after their IOL and/or Intac surgery if requested by the Optometrist and provide the necessary aftercare to the patient.
- Be available to take emergency calls from the Optometrist or IOL team for any queries related to patients post IOL and/or Intac surgery at any time until the patient is discharged.
- Communicate regularly with Optometrists to educate them about the medical aspects of IOL
- Provide training as and when requested to Optometrist who will perform IOL and/or Intac consultations.
- Answer email queries from the IOL Optometrist or any members of the IOL team or Optimax within 24 hours.
- Attend the “Doctor’s Meeting” held by the Company and participate in medical seminars organized by Company.
- Supervise new doctors joining the Company in accordance with The Companies requirements in force from time to time.
We pay the lens surgeons per eyes treated – see the fees below. A typical day will have 10 - 12 eyes to be treated
The fee payable to a Consultant for IOL and/or Intac surgery is set out as below:
- A fee of £300 per eye treated will be paid to a Consultant if support of an Anesthetist is provided by the Company.
- A fee of £400 per eye treated will be paid to a Consultant if support of an Anesthetist is not provided by the Company.
- A fee of £50 per patient will be paid to a Consultant for performing Surgeon Assessments.
- A fee of £50 per eye will be paid to a Consultant for treating a patient with a Sulcoflex/Piggyback lens.
- A fee of £50 per eye will be paid to a Consultant for treating laser top-up post lens surgery.
If a suitable Lens surgeon is not Belfast-based, we will pay for travel and overnight accommodation.
- Professional freedom.
- Locum ongoing
- Rewarding On Target Earnings.
- Career Progression
- Pre & Post Op Refractive surgery
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to work with a friendly and supportive team
- Opportunity to work with the latest and most up to date equipment
The Match2Match team are available to answer your questions and assist you accordingly in finding the right role for you!
For more information please contact us on;
Hotline Number: 07432674364
Due to the high volume of CV's we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to every applicant personally. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful at this time.