Optical Assistant - Leigh, Greater Manchester
A busy, successful independent Opticians based in Leigh, Greater Manchester, are looking to recruit a full time Optical Assistant to join the team.
- Work as part of the professional team to deliver exceptional customer service to all of our customers.
- Positively promote the department within the store; greeting customers and offering advice and information on products and services.
- Assisting and advising patients when selecting frames and/or contact lenses following an eye examination; ensuring all measurements are taken correctly and professionally.
- Complete pre-screen and field tests in accordance with the professional standards under the direction of the Optometrist.
- Reception duties such as; answering the phones, booking in patient appointments, filling, completion of paperwork, and ensuring the in-house system is accurately maintained.
- Ensure that all legal and policy documents are understood and complied with at all times.
- Liaise with the Opticians Manager to ensure the clinics run efficiently.
- Dispense spectacles and make any necessary adjustments for patients.
- Arranging and maintaining shop displays.
- Ensure the department is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Previous experience of working as an Optical Assistant, Optical Advisor or Dispensing Assistant
- Able to dispense spectacles
- Enjoy building relationships with clients
- Excellent communication skills: clear verbal and written communication with active listening skills
- Able to deliver superb customer service
- Able to work within systems and processes
- Ability to learn and want to develop
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a modern practice in an excellent high footfall location. You will be able to learn and develop new skills during the contract and work with a very friendly and professional team.
Between £14,500 to £15,500 plus bonus.
The role is to work 37.5 hours a week including weekend work.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.