Optometrist - North Bridge - Full or P/T
Optometrist - North Bridge - Full or P/T Role summary
Specsavers is no doubt for the majority of the UK’s Optometrists population the employer of choice. Since the business began back in 1984 Specsavers has taken pride in the way it works with its Optometrists through their personal and clinical development. We believe we are the best company to work for with regards to career development opportunities. We work to the highest clinical standards putting the patient at the forefront of everything we do.
As a company, we have listened to what’s important to our current employees and Optometrists joining the business.
- Flexibility (Full or Part Time, Job Share, Condensed days/hours…) We have the flexibility to look at multiple options
- Inclusive working environment (An open-door policy where all questions are welcomed)
- Team engagement
- Recognition (Being recognised not just for doing your job day to day but for going that extra mile and knowing what you do matters and is appreciated)
- Development opportunities both clinical and personal (The opportunity of moving internally within the Specsavers UK network of stores or worldwide with our increasing number of stores globally. Clinically we are currently rolling out OCT to all our stores. 75% of our Optometrists are Glaucoma stage 1/2 accredited and we also have a huge development drive on EOS and MEC's pre-& post -cataract & Glaucoma monitoring as well as supporting IP
- A package and benefits that suits your lifestyle (This can be discussed at telephone and interview stage)
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an Optometrist within our North Bridge store in Edinburgh. The role would be suitable for an Optometrist looking for full or part time work and for Optometrists of various levels of experience as development is tailored specifically towards each individual. As an Optometrist you will make sure our patients get an expert eye examination, complete with clear information, sound advice and a friendly, professional approach. You’ll work to the highest clinical standards, ensure we comply with NHS guidelines (and our own procedures), and help to build a loyal community customer base.
As a professional, you’ll be an expert at putting people at ease and have the ability to talk customers through the eye examination process and explain their options in a clear, easy to understand way. What’s more, you’re organised and passionate about what you do – which means you keep accurate records and always have up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in your field.
Store & Technology
North Bridge is a small to medium sized store right in the centre of Edinburgh, close to Edinburgh Castle and next to The Royal Mile. Edinburgh has an excellent bus and tram service, and the store is close to Waverley Station so very easy to commute too. There are many historical and cultural attractions close by, amidst high street shops, lively bars and excellent restaurants.
The store is about to become a Platinum Employer meaning the development, progression and training of their employees is key. The store runs regular 1-1's and sees every employee as an integral part of the success of the business, they do this by promoting and encourages teamwork, ideas and innovation. The store are a friendly sociable team, that work hard to keep a professional but fun working environment. The local community and the wider area are not far from the minds of the store and regularly hold fun charity days/events.
Optometrists. Pre-Reg Optometrists are given full support and training and the store are happy to support IP training and time out to gain experience with the Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion's Teach and Treat clinic. Full CET requirements will be provided, including online modules, peer reviews and PAC, other tailored training and support can be provided.
The store currently have around 15 employees, 2 test rooms and currently uses tonoref 2- NCT and auto-refractor, fundus camera, oculus easyfield, short form and trial frames. Testing times currently run at around 25 minutes
- Competitive basic salary
- Private Healthcare & Dental
- Fees Paid
- Holidays - increasing
- For more benefits please ask
For this fantastic opportunity you’ll need to demonstrate strong attention to detail along with a passion for customer service. Team work also forms a big part of our culture so the ability to work well with other people is essential.
If you would like to apply for this position or receive further information please call Neil Birkett on 07508 729 205 or email email@example.com