Optometrist - Swaledale
Specsavers is no doubt for the majority of the UK’s Optometrists population the employer of choice. Since the business began back in 1984 Specsavers has taken pride in the way it works with its Optometrists through their personal and clinical development. We believe we are the best company to work for with regards to career development opportunities. We work to the highest clinical standards putting the patient at the forefront of everything we do.
As a company, we have listened to what’s important to our current employees and Optometrists joining the business:
- Flexibility (Full or Part Time, Job Share, Condensed days/hours…) We have the flexibility to look at multiple options
- Inclusive working environment (An open-door policy where all questions are welcomed)
- Team engagement
- Recognition (Being recognised not just for doing your job day to day but for going that extra mile and knowing what you do matters and is appreciated)
- Development opportunities both clinical and personal (The opportunity of moving internally within the Specsavers UK network of stores or worldwide with our increasing number of stores globally. Clinically we are currently rolling out OCT to all our stores. 75% of our Optometrists are Glaucoma stage 1/2 accredited and we also have a huge development drive on EOS and MEC's pre-& post -cataract & Glaucoma monitoring as well as supporting IP
- A package and benefits that suits your lifestyle (This can be discussed at telephone and interview stage)
About the Store/Technology:
Richmond is a historic market town close to the Yorkshire Dales & North York Moors with the stunning Lake District only a short driveaway. It is an ideal location for those who love the outdoors, with many great walks, cycling opportunities and everything else you would expect. Richmond has good road links with the A1 and the cities of York, Leeds, and Newcastle only a short way away. The nearest train station is Northallerton or Darlington on the East Coast Mainline.
This store is a part of the UK's most trusted optical brand and has enjoyed a strong period of growth recently, so as a result are looking to add and strengthen the existing team of around 14 which includes CLO's & DO's. The store itself has 3 testing rooms and are currently all equiped with Nidek Phoropters, trial frames and lenses. Diagnostic equipment: Humphrey VFA, Tonoref-II, DRS Fundus Camera, Goldmann Tonometer, Perkins Tonometer, Haag-Streit Slit-lamps, Volk lenses, direct ophthalmascopes, retinoscopes, keratometer with the delivery of a Heidelberg Spectralis OCT in early 2018.
As an Optometrist you will have the full opportunity for clinical, professional, and personal development, including, but not limited to: WOPEC accreditations, College of Optometrist Higher certificates, IP, Senior Optometrist progression and management development all sponsored by the store in order to aid your specific career and personal goals. Further to this the store are lucky to work in a small market town where they get the opportunity to look after entire families of patients spanning several generations. They are involved in all local enhanced optical schemes, support local schools with work placements, and local charities through sponsorship and fundraising as well as having strong relationships with all nearby hospitals. As an Optometrist you have options with regards your development both clinically and personally, its entirely up to you what you want from the role that could also include Vision Aid abroad if this would be of interest.
As an Optometrist (full or part time, newly qualified or experienced) you will provide an outstanding clinical service by providing world class eye tests and by maintaining an exceptional standard of customer care to all patients and work with the Dispensing Opticians and Manager to ensure clinics run smoothly. Testing times are at the discretion of the Optometrist as they each see their own patients in their own clinics will full on-going support.
What’s on offer?
- Extremely Competitive salary
- Relocation package available
- Extremely progressive store, can be involved in clinical specialities if this is a route that interests you
- Superb holidays starting at 33 days
- GOC fees paid
- Pension 5% Employer Contribution
- Store is open to discussing and putting in place any other benefits that may not be above but that may be more suitable to you
For more information or to apply for this position please call Sophie Ayland on 01566 770 129 or email email@example.com.