Domiciliary Optom's..There's better things to do on Saturdays than work surely?
As the market leading Domiciliary company in the UK, any qualified optometrist now has the chance to join and become a part of an exciting new challenge inside their optics career. Both the company and our individual Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians are registered with the GOC. They also have contracts with NHS England Area Teams to provide General Ophthalmic Services throughout mainland UK.
The Company prides itself on the support it can give to its professional staff in all areas. Local Optometric Managers are only a phone call away who, in turn, are supported by a dedicated Head Office team ensuring all professional staff are guided and advised on any issue large or small. Dispensing support / Training can be provided and there is also a personalised induction programme to help you get settled and comfortable in the company before you need to step out into the field of testing.
- Monday – Friday Working Pattern Only (flexible with either part time or full time)
- Either work as a super optom (working alone) or assisted optometrist (alongside a DO / OA)
- Comprehensive training throughout your career – In-house Continuing Education and Development programme
- Professional fees paid
- As a super optom, you will receive a fully expensed company car; fuel, MOT, breakdown cover, road tax, Sat Nav, insurance, servicing plus 2 fleet managers to deal with any issues if they come up. Winter tyres put on in the winter for added safety.
- Attractive performance related bonus (anywhere from £8k per annum to £20k+)
- Generous holiday entitlement – 25 days a year plus bank holidays on top.
- Childcare vouchers
- Career progression opportunities (career driven staff can move into the professional services team)
- Discounted eye wear and hearing products
- Free sight and hearing test
- All equipment (except Ophthalmoscope and Retinoscope) is supplied by the Company. Gone are the days of a card chart on backs of doors, all Optometrists use illuminated three-metre charts as standard, state of the art diagnostic equipment for tonometry, portable focimeter, etc. Record keeping is computerised via personal tablet and keeps admin to a minimum
As you can see, this position has a huge amount to offer anyone looking to progress in their career, whether that's to do with job role or package, I'm sure it can tick most boxes.
To apply or find out more about this role, please contact Danny Alaimo on 02079526672