Optometrist - Northampton - New Independent Opticians
A brand new independent Opticians which opened in 2017 in Northampton are looking to recruit an exceptional full time Optometrist to join the team.
The practice is sleek and modern, with a team of around 3-4 people including the Optometrist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a new Opticians, and to help build and maintain a loyal patient base.
- Working as the sole Optometrist
- Personally delivering an eye examination and Contact Lens service to a consistently high clinical and customer service standard.
- 20 minute appointment times with pre-screening done by the support team
- Identifying any signs of injury, disease, abnormality and vision defects, checking for general health conditions at the same time
- Issuing prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses and advising them of the appropriate eyecare options
- Fitting and checking prescribed lenses in order to correct vision defects
- Make recommendations from the testing room to increase sales of glasses, contact lenses, coatings etc.
- Conduct three way handovers
- Support the Opticians Manager to ensure the clinics run efficiently
- Understand the sales targets and key performance indicators - making suggestions where actions could improve performance
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ensure patient history computer records are at the required professional standards
- Fully qualified Optometrist registered with the GOC
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercially aware
- Base salary between £45,000 to £55,000
- Bonus scheme based on turnover
- All professional fees paid
- 33 days holidays in total
This is a full time role including Saturdays with working hours from 9am to 5pm. You will work 37.5 hours a week.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.