Optometrist - Bournemouth
Company: Bournemouth Specsavers Opticians
Role: Optometrist Full time
Location: 80 Old Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 1LR
Specsavers Opticians are seeking to recruit one full time experienced GOC registered Optometrist. Duties of the role will include:
• To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
• Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
• To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles, contact lenses as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
• To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
• To maintain patient records to a professional standard.
• To maintain ongoing professional CPD. Qualifications / skills required:
• Full registration as an Optometrist with the GOC.
• Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the college of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
• Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition. • Must have excellent patient / customer care skills.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
For more information or to apply, please contact Jack Dorrian on 01566 771886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 18.01.2018