Optometrist - Irvine
Specsavers is no doubt for the majority of the UK’s Optometrists population the employer of choice. Since the business began back in 1984 Specsavers has taken pride in the way it works with its Optometrists through their personal and clinical development. We believe we are the best company to work for with regards to career development opportunities. We work to the highest clinical standards putting the patient at the forefront of everything we do.
As a company, we have listened to what’s important to our current employees and Optometrists joining the business:
- Flexibility (Full or Part Time, Job Share, Condensed days/hours…) We have the flexibility to look at multiple options
- Inclusive working environment (An open-door policy where all questions are welcomed)
- Team engagement
- Recognition (Being recognised not just for doing your job day to day but for going that extra mile and knowing what you do matters and is appreciated)
- Development opportunities both clinical and personal (The opportunity of moving internally within the Specsavers UK network of stores or worldwide with our increasing number of stores globally. Clinically we are currently rolling out OCT to all our stores. 75% of our Optometrists are Glaucoma stage 1/2 accredited and we also have a huge development drive on EOS and MEC's pre-& post -cataract & Glaucoma monitoring as well as supporting IP
- A package and benefits that suits your lifestyle (This can be discussed at telephone and interview stage)
About the Store/Technology:
The Irvine store is in a beautiful seaside town just a short commute from the Southside of Glasgow around 30 minutes. With the traffic going in the opposite direction to Glasgow the roads are a great deal quieter.
This store is a part of the UK's most trusted optical brand and has enjoyed a strong period of growth recently, so as a result are looking to add and strengthen the existing team of around 50 which includes CLO's & DO's. The store itself has 6 testing rooms 1 Hearcare room and 1 Contact Lens room and are currently all equipped with the technology you would expect as well as Humphries Field Analyser, Zeiss OCT, Nidek NCT and Auto Refractor Pachmate.
As an Optometrist you will have the full opportunity for clinical, professional, and personal development, including, but not limited to: WOPEC accreditations, College of Optometrist Higher certificates, IP, Senior Optometrist progression and management development all sponsored by the store in order to aid your specific career and personal goals.
Further to this the store regularly go out to local schools to talk about the eyes and to promote Optometry as a possible career choice and are involved in post op cataract shared care and "eyecare ayreshire"
As an Optometrist (full or part time, newly qualified or experienced) you will provide an outstanding clinical service by providing world class eye tests and by maintaining an exceptional standard of customer care to all patients and work with the Dispensing Opticians and Manager to ensure clinics run smoothly. Testing times are at the discretion of the Optometrist as they each see their own patients in their own clinics will full on-going support.
What’s on offer?
- Extremely Competitive salary
- Relocation package available
- Extremely progressive store, can be involved in clinical specialities if this is a route that interests you
- Holidays start at 28 days
- Birthday off
- GOC fees paid
- Store is open to discussing and putting in place any other benefits that may not be above but that may be more suitable to you
For more information or to apply for this position please call Neil Birkett on 07508 729 205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org