Optometrist - Darlington
Specsavers is no doubt for the majority of the UK’s Optometrists population the employer of choice. Since the business began back in 1984 Specsavers has taken pride in the way it works with its Optometrists through their personal and clinical development. We believe we are the best company to work for with regards to career development opportunities. We work to the highest clinical standards putting the patient at the forefront of everything we do.
As a company, we have listened to what’s important to our current employees and Optometrists joining the business:
- Flexibility (Full or Part Time, Job Share, Condensed days/hours…) We have the flexibility to look at multiple options
- Inclusive working environment (An open-door policy where all questions are welcomed)
- Team engagement
- Recognition (Being recognised not just for doing your job day to day but for going that extra mile and knowing what you do matters and is appreciated)
- Development opportunities both clinical and personal (The opportunity of moving internally within the Specsavers UK network of stores or worldwide with our increasing number of stores globally. Clinically we are currently rolling out OCT to all our stores. 75% of our Optometrists are Glaucoma stage 1/2 accredited and we also have a huge development drive on EOS and MEC's pre-& post -cataract & Glaucoma monitoring as well as supporting IP
- A package and benefits that suits your lifestyle (This can be discussed at telephone and interview stage)
About the Store/Technology:
Darlington is a large market town in County Durham, in North East England only a short drive away from the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors. It has excellent air, road and rail links, being only 40 minutes from Newcastle Airport, 2 hours 20 minutes from London Kings Cross by train and only a five-minute drive from the A1M. Darlington Town Centre has over 500 shops including over 250 independent stores with unique speciality shops to major high street names. The town centre also builds on its heritage as a market town with fresh local produce on sale in the Victorian covered market, a vibrant outdoor market on Saturdays and Mondays, and occasional speciality markets also taking place.
This store is a part of the UK's most trusted optical brand and has enjoyed a strong period of growth recently, so as a result are looking to add and strengthen the existing team of around 45 which includes Optometrists, CLO’s, DO, Pre-Reg Optometrists, Trainee DO’s and Optical Assistants. They also have an audiology business with one full time audiologist partner and one trainee audiologist. The store itself has 6 testing rooms and are currently all equipped with numerous technology including Automatic phoropters and retinal photography with OCT arriving in-store 1st quarter of 2018.
As an Optometrist working to the highest clinical standards you will have the full opportunity for clinical, professional, and personal development, including, but not limited to: Funding to gain higher qualifications including 2 Prof Cert Glaucs and 1 independent prescriber. They encourage all of their employed Optometrists to work towards College of Optometrists Higher Qualifications with all associated costs covered.
Further to this the store are lucky to work in a small market town where they get the opportunity to look after entire families of patients spanning several generations. They have locally commissioned schemes for IOP refinement and Minor Eye Conditions and also take part in the Vision Screening program for Schools program, you have options with regards your development both clinically and personally.
As an Optometrist (full or part time, newly qualified or experienced) you will provide an outstanding clinical service by providing world class eye tests to a diverse range of patients and by maintaining an exceptional standard of customer care to all patients, working closely with others to ensure clinics run smoothly. Testing times are around 25 minutes.
What’s on offer?
- Extremely Competitive salary
- Relocation package available
- Extremely progressive store, can be involved in clinical specialities if this is a route that interests you
- Superb holidays starting at 30 days and increasing
- GOC fees paid
- Pension 5% Employer Contribution
- Store is open to discussing and putting in place any other benefits that may not be above but that may be more suitable to you
For more information or to apply for this position please call Neil Birkett on 07508 729 205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org