Optometrist - Newton Mearns
Specsavers is no doubt for the majority of the UK’s Optometrists population the employer of choice. Since the business began back in 1984 Specsavers has taken pride in the way it works with its Optometrists through their personal and clinical development. We believe we are the best company to work for with regards to career development opportunities. We work to the highest clinical standards putting the patient at the forefront of everything we do.
As a company, we have listened to what’s important to our current employees and Optometrists joining the business.
- Flexibility (Full or Part Time, Job Share, Condensed days/hours…) We have the flexibility to look at multiple options
- Inclusive working environment (An open-door policy where all questions are welcomed)
- Team engagement
- Recognition (Being recognised not just for doing your job day to day but for going that extra mile and knowing what you do matters and is appreciated)
- Development opportunities both clinical and personal (The opportunity of moving internally within the Specsavers UK network of stores or worldwide with our increasing number of stores globally. Clinically we are currently rolling out OCT to all our stores. 75% of our Optometrists are Glaucoma stage 1/2 accredited and we also have a huge development drive on EOS and MEC's pre-& post -cataract & Glaucoma monitoring as well as supporting IP
- A package and benefits that suits your lifestyle (This can be discussed at telephone and interview stage)
A truly outstanding opportunity has arisen in our new Newton Mearns Specsavers store for a part time Optometrist working 2 days per week. This store is a part of the UK's most trusted optical brand and has enjoyed a strong period of growth recently, so as a result are looking to add and strengthen their team. The store itself has opened within the last couple of months and proudly supports the local community and beyond. The store prides itself on the relaxed working environment where everyone supports each other to the success of the store. The store is equipped with the latest technology including OCT helping you provide a worldclass patient experience.
As an Optometrist you have options with regards your development both clinically and personally, its entirely up to you what you want from the role.
Newton Mearns itself is a strong affluent community town conveniently located just 7 miles from Glasgow City Centre in East Renfrewshire.
- You’ll provide an outstanding clinical service – from eye tests to contact lens fitting
- You’ll also maintain an exceptional standard of customer care
- Work with the Dispensing Optician to ensure clinics run like clockwork
- Take full responsibility for inspiring and coaching your colleagues
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary
- IP support if this is a route that interests you
- Relocation package available
- Extremely progressive store
- 28 days holiday
- GOC fees paid
- Specsavers Perks
For more information or to apply for this position please call Neil Birkett on 07508 729 205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org