Optometrist - Longton
Specsavers are currently looking for bright, eager and outgoing candidates for the position of Optometrist based at our store in Longton, Stoke-On-Trent. As well as outstanding development, there’s the buzzing atmosphere you’d expect in a place where everyone works together because everyone counts.
Specsavers has been going from strength to strength, ever since the business started back in 1984. We strive for the highest clinical standards – and believe that the customer should be at the heart of everything we do. We also recognise that our people are critical to our past and future success – so we do everything we can to make sure they get the experience and career they’re looking for: from outstanding training and a personal development plan, to excellent benefits and unstinting support. The business has nearly 1,500 stores across 12 countries – and is still growing. We want you to be part of this outstanding success story.
Join us as an Optometrist at Specsavers and you'll be amazed by the size, scope and reach not only of our store, but your influence in it. As the face of our Professional practice in stores and usually an integral part of the Store Management team, our professionals are front of house, getting to know customers, acting as ambassadors for their business areas and providing expert advice to help improve the lives of our customers and the communities where they live.
We are looking for Optometrists who will go the extra mile for a customer. What’s more they get their colleagues to do the same, because they’re on a mission to provide the best eye care at the best possible prices. If you’re all about delivering exceptional clinical service, you’ll love the buzzing environment of our in-store practice. You’ll also love how passionate we are about your development, always ensuring that your skills are at the cutting edge.
The ins and outs
- You’ll provide an outstanding clinical service – from eye tests to contact lens fitting
- You’ll also maintain an exceptional standard of customer care
- Work with the Dispensing Optician to ensure clinics run like clockwork
- Take full responsibility for inspiring and coaching your colleagues
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours either part time 3 days or full time 5 days per week
- Extremely progressive store, get involved in clinical specialities
- Working closely to local hospitals
- 33 days holiday
- GOC fees paid
- Medical and dental package
- Private pension
What you’ll need:
- You’ll need to be registered with the General Optical Council as a fully qualified optometrist
- And be on track to meet the statutory point’s requirement for Continued Education & Training (CET)
For more information or to apply for this position please call Leah Winfield from Specsavers Recruitment Services on 01566 771 894 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy will close once we have filled all available assessment places. We therefore highly recommend early applications.