Dispensing Optician - Burnham, Bucks
3 days a week
Circa £28,000 pro-rata depending on experience plus professional fees
Holidays: 5 weeks pro-rata
Basic purpose of the job and its primary objectives:
A sought-after role in a well-respected, long established practice that invests in progress and technology.
To consider the contact with the general public to be an opportunity to exceed their expectations, by operating a policy of friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service.
- To ensure that every patient who leaves Walker and Campbell, does so feeling that they were the most important person in the practice.
- To be available after the completion of an eye examination, to discuss with the optometrist and patient their visual requirements.
- Enjoy making the patient feel special, by attention to detail in frame choice.
- Full knowledge of current varifocal, and lifestyle lens designs.
- Suitability of lens choice to chosen frame and prescription given.
- Monitoring progress of orders.
- Check laboratory returns against recommended prescription.
- Manage and merchandise stock frames.
- To have a high standard of personal presentation at all times.
Knowledge and skills required
- Appropriate optical qualification - FBDO and GOC registration
- IT skills
Other relevant requirements
- To build up a friendly and trusting relationship with colleagues and customers
- To work as a team not only in the dispensing area but within the practice as a whole
To apply please click on the 'Apply now' button