Optical Assistant / Administrator
Pen Optical Trust is a registered charity which reduces re-offending by training prisoners in optical skills & helping them secure meaningful work in the optics industry. The charity began training its first group of prisoners in September 2015 & since then it has helped over 30 people secure work in optics.
Pen Optical has an opening for an administrator/optical assistant.
So, if you are hardworking, looking for a job which makes a difference to society, and willing to learn new skills then please apply for this job.
To carry out Administration duties in the lab & train up new members of staff in optical retails skills.
- Literacy/numeracy- GSCE English and Math or equivalent
- Demonstrable interest in, and enthusiasm for, optics and training people
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Admin duties: ordering stock & supplies, checking deliveries received, packaging completed orders and sending back to customer. Writing invoices, updating excel spreadsheet, answering queries by email/phone.
- Training people in optical retail skills using our in house materials
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness in the office environment
Value: £18,000 -£22,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01622 674 670
Apply for Optical Assistant / Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly