Optical Surfacing Manager - Nottingham
6 days left
- Full Time
A leading optical lens manufacturer based in Nottingham, East Midlands are looking to recruit a full time Surfacing Manager to work Monday to Friday.
You will be responsible of the full surfacing laboratory operation and consistently drive the team to achieve all production key performance indicators minimising wastage and maximising production.
Surfacing Manager - Role
- Ensure that the quality of uncut lenses produced in the laboratory complies with European standards in the production of eyewear.
- Foreseeing and managing any situation threatening future production; reporting issues or problems are to appropriate management departments in good time so assistance and support can be provided.
- Accurate reporting and any relevant administration.
- Effective staff scheduling through forward planning so production is consistent and meets demand.
- Set key performance indicators and action improvements to service levels to minimise production costs.
- Ensure the maintenance of all laboratory equipment, keeping equipment in good working order and promptly reporting and documenting equipment repairs reducing the need for production down time, attacking losses leading to a continuously improving OEE.
- Ensure all team members are well presented and wearing correct uniform when working in the laboratory.
- Ordering the correct consumable stock levels to meet sales trends and demands and any concerns are reported, recorded and actioned promptly.
- Manage and prioritise orders and the flow of work through the department to ensure projected lead times are achieved.
- Support and coach the team offering guidance and support to develop the competencies. Ensuring the completion of Performance Development Reviews with team members.
- Carrying out regular meetings informing technicians on business and performance updates and procedures.
- Act as first point of call for any issues relating to staff wellbeing, taking necessary action to avoid any further problems at a later date.
- Ensuring a successful on boarding of new starters with a well- structured induction period evaluating new starters throughout their probation.
Surfacing Manager - Requirements
- Previous surfacing experience, with experience of working in a Lean working environment.
- Experience Six Sigma and Freefrom lens production.
- To be professional, adaptable and organised; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience.
- To be assertive and credible and will have the ability to make a positive impact
- An aptitude for attention to detail and a drive to execute new initiatives.
- Paying between £28,000 to £32,000
- Pay review each year
- Up to 38 days' paid leave (dependent on length of service)
- Flexible working and career breaks
- Flexible benefits including health, wellbeing and lifestyle options
We will also offer a £300 referral fee for new introductions that lead to a successful placement for this particular role.
To avoid missing out on this opportunity, please send your CV across to Rebecca Wood using the 'Apply' link as soon as possible or call 0114 238 1726.
Apply for Optical Surfacing Manager - Nottingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly