Optical Assistant - Sheffield
Optical Assistant required at Birds Opticians Sheffield
We are a busy city centre practice looking for someone to work five days each week including Saturday. Hours are 37 per week. Salary will be dependent upon experience.
Ours is a long established, independent practice whose main aim is to ensure each customer has the best possible solution to their eye care needs within their budget.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can stay cheerful under pressure, have an eye for detail and be very customer focussed. Nothing is more important than the customer who walks through the door. They deserve nothing but the best from us.
You must be punctual, able to work with others but also show initiative and flexibility when needed.
Day to day duties will include;
- General reception desk duties, including greeting customers, answering the telephone, making appointments and filing etc.
- Responding to customers queries, face to face and on the telephone.
- Communicating with suppliers and managing orders.
- Updating computerised patient records and business spreadsheets.
- Using social media to communicate with existing and potential clients.
- Presenting themselves and the practice in a professional manner.
- Setting out window displays.
- Carry out field screening (experience in this will be an advantage)
If you are not already able, you will be trained to carry out minor repairs and assist customers to look for their ideal frames within their budget.
To Apply: Please submit your CV and covering letter below. Or send by post to:
Bird Opticians, 41-43 Surrey Street. Sheffield, S1 2LG