Clinic Team Leader - Milton Keynes
Specsavers Job Description – Clinic Team Leader
Role Overview / Job Purpose
The Team Leader will ensures that all customers who are visiting the store for an appointment are seen quickly and efficiently, with any unexpected waiting times clearly explained, providing excellent customer service. They ensure that the appointment book is efficiently planned and well managed. They will also ensure that all team members are supported in there training and devleopment in the business.
About the Role
- The team leader is the backbone of the shop floor, allowing the flow of customers to run smoothly and supporting the clinical team by providing excellent customer communication outside of the test room
- As you will often be the first point of contact for each and every person that enters the store, your role is absolutely pivotal in how we are perceived by our customers. You will receive thorough training and development to enhance your understanding of optical products, so previous optical retail experience is not always necessary, but a passion for fantastic customer service is a must.
- The team leader will be the help and support of the team and ensure they are completely there daily tasks correctly and efficently.
- Provide a warm welcome for every Specsavers customer and guide them to the seating area of the store if they have an appointment
- Offer reading materials and refreshments
- Manage the seating area efficiently, ensuring all customers are spoken to and any immediate questions or requirements that they have are attended to
- Measure the waiting times in store and fully explain the reasons behind any delay of more than five minutes to a customer's appointment, understanding the impact this might have on them.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the appointment diary each day so that any emergency or walk in customers can be accommodated where possible
- Liaise with the Clinic manager to ensure that the daily clinics are set up effectively, including appropriate test times, avoiding similar side-by-side appointments.
- Support the training and development of the store team by identifying areas where they can improve customer service and liase with the clinic supervisor or manager to implement these.
- Assist with the development of new starters.
- To resolve customer concerns when required.
- To resolve any IT issues calmly and efficiently to maintain customer service and clinic flow.
- Good working relationships with Clinicians to support their clinical needs.
- Be able to arrange or rearrange clinics if a clinician is sick.
- To ensure that any contact lens scheme suspensions or refunds are actioned timely by the store.
- Feedback to the store team in daily huddles and team meetings how the store is performing on customer service.
- Work with the clinic manager to review waiting times performance, how waiting times can be reduced and how clinics can run on time
- Support and manage three-way handovers to ensure the optoms can return to testing promptly
- Work to Specsavers Customer Service Standards
- Actively seek to improve your own skills and product knowledge
- Use your strong organisational skills to effectively manage the customer appointment times
- Create a great store atmosphere by ensuring appointment times run smoothly wherever possible
- Have good knowledge of Specsavers Way and Maze feedback
- Be able to give the store team feedback on service levels from a customer's perspective
- Meet and exceed all personal and team goals
- Be an ambassador for the Specsavers brand at all times
Our passion is to deliver outstanding patient care, combined with sound dispensing advice and product recommendations that best suit individual customer needs. In addition to the highest quality equipment, we aim to provide both our store staff and our customers with an excellent overall environment. At Specsavers, we treat people as we would wish to be treated, and as such, you will be supported by well trained and motivated retail staff, in addition to an expert professional team. Our expectation is that you will share our vision to provide our patients with the very best professional service as well as exceptional customer care on every visit to your store.
Apply for Clinic Team Leader - Milton Keynes
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly