Domiciliary Optometrist - Somerset, Devon & Dorset
Domiciliary Optometrist - Somerset, Devon & Dorset Role summary Company: Bournemouth 1 Specsavers Domiciliary Role: Home Visit Optometrist Full time role at 40.00 hours per week Salary: £70,000 Location: Somerset, Devon, Dorset (EX, TA, DT) Description: Specsavers Opticians are seeking to recruit a full time experienced GOC registered Optometrist.
Duties of the role will include:
- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles, contact lenses as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
- To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
- To maintain patient records to a professional standard.
- To maintain ongoing professional CPD.
Qualifications / skills required:
- Full registration as an Optometrist with the GOC.
- Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the college of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
- Must have independent prescribing qualification.
- Must have College professional certificate in glaucoma (may consider if working towards).
- Hospital eye department experience necessary.
- PHD preferred.
- Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition.
- Must have excellent patient / customer care skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
Apply for Domiciliary Optometrist - Somerset, Devon & Dorset
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly