Audiologist - RHAD - Recruiting Nationwide
5 days left
- Full Time
Reporting to: Audiology Clinical Lead & Head of Commercial Hearing Services
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
At The Outside Clinic we believe in making a difference to our patient’s lives, bringing them the very best in domiciliary hearing care. As an Audiologist you will be visiting patients at their home address or care setting. This will help give you a much deeper understanding of how you can improve a patient’s day-to-day life.
We are entering an exciting phase of growth and are looking for enthusiastic individuals that are passionate about helping people to join our team.
- To provide Diagnostic Audiology and Rehabilitation Domiciliary services
- To promote best practice in the field
- To maintain effective means of communication at all times
- To be competent in all areas of dispensing and patient aftercare
- To be competent in the management of information, including daily company reports and information technologies
- To operate in line with company policies, procedures and current legislation at all times
- To commit to the company Patient Standards of providing the highest levels of service and aftercare to patients
- To liaise with other healthcare professionals where necessary to ensure that all patients, their families or carers are provided with the best advice
- To manage a caseload of adults with hearing loss
- Pure Tone Audiometry including masking as required
- Tests for non-organic hearing loss
- Testing for Noise Induced Hearing Loss
- Taking Aural impressions and selection of appropriate ear moulds
- Selection and programming/fitting of appropriate hearing instruments
- Provision of a full, structured, patient centric aftercare programme to ensure maximum satisfaction
- Provide appropriate education and support for individuals with hearing loss
- To use appropriate outcome measures, both subjective and objective to ensure hearing instruments are providing maximum benefit and use evidence based practice to support this
- Use of Real Ear Measurement equipment to validate and verify hearing instrument fittings
- To commit to lifelong learning to ensure that you keep up to date with the latest developments in Audiology
- To be responsible for daily maintenance of test equipment and arrange calibration as and when required
- To provide ear care and wax removal where required (appropriate training will be provided)
- To follow best practice principles with regard to infection control in the workplace
- To meet the appropriate level of expertise to register with the HCPC as a Hearing Aid Audiologist (appropriate training will be provided as needed)
- To demonstrate the ability to reflect on own practice with peers and management and to identify own strengths and development needs
- To be responsible for own professional actions and to recognise own professional boundaries and when to seek advice from others
- To contribute as part of a clinical team and be willing to discuss client needs with others
- To attend relevant training and development courses in order to maintain skills and knowledge and to expand Scope of Practice whilst ensuring compliance with HCPC CPD requirements
- To be responsible for maintain own CPD records in a form acceptable to the HCPC
- To understand the principles of clinical governance and its application to professional practice in Audiology
- Motivated and focused on achieving own goals
- Confident about working within a team autonomously
- Commercially aware and happy to offer patient the best solution for any given problem
- Dedicated to exemplary customer service in line with the Company Patient Standards
- The option to work 3, 4 or 5 days a week for a better work-life balance.
- Fully expensed company car.
- HCPC and BSHAA fees are covered annually.
- Discounted eyewear and hearing products.
- Three ‘treat’ days granted for 100% attendance.
- Contributory pension scheme, on successful completion of probationary period.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Long service awards.
- Full support. We pride ourselves on the support we are able to offer our professional staff in all areas.
All successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory written references, medical clearance, and evidence of your right to work in the UK and Disclosure Certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service (Formerly the CRB)
References: One of your referees must be your current line manager and all references must cover the previous five years work or study history.
Under the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, it is the duty of every employee
- To take reasonable care of themselves and others at work
- To co-operate with the The Outside Clinic as far as is necessary to enable them to carry out their legal duty
- Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with anything provided, including personal protective equipment, for health and safety or welfare at work.
There is a No Smoking Policy throughout The Outside Clinic.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your Contract of Employment
The Outside Clinic is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Apply for Audiologist - RHAD - Recruiting Nationwide
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly