Optometrist - Weymouth, Dorset
An exciting opportunity has become available for two Optometrists at our large, successful practice in Weymouth, Dorset. The store is part of the UK’s most trusted optical brand and due to their continuing successes, they are now looking to expand and strengthen the team…
We’re looking for a driven, ambitious Optometrists to work as part of the team delivering the best service to our customers; in return we can offer the following package for the right candidates:
- Very competitive basic salary on offer
- Strong, rewarding bonus structure offer up to £5000 per annum
- Plus relocation package available for those looking to move to the area
- Full time or Part Time opportunities available, flexible working times
- Registered Tier 2 Visa Sponsors
- Holiday – 33 days per annum
- Pension scheme in place
- Medical and dental cover on offer
- Full training and support leading to clinical progression including movement to Lead/Senior Optometrist
- As there is potentially more than one position available, this position may also suit 2 candidates looking to relocate to Dorset
- Accomodation available in the company apartment (please enquire for further information)
You’ll offer our customers recommendations to the highest professional and ethical standards (something our customers have come to expect from us at Specsavers). You’ll also use your knowledge to effectively identify customer needs and recommend eyewear and eye care solutions accordingly.
- Be registered with the GOC
- Have achieved the core competencies as specified by the college of Optometrists and approved by the GOC
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
- Basic IT skills
- Have effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skill
You’ll need to demonstrate good attention to detail along with good customer service. Team work also forms a big part of our culture so the ability to work well with other people is essential. You’ll also be enthusiastic and willing to help others learn.
- Beautiful coastal location in area of outstanding natural beauty
- Excellent transport links; train and bus station within short walking distance of the store
- Easy links to major motorway
- 40 minute drive to Poole/Bournemouth
- Port with regular crossings to France
- Fantastic area to relocate to offering a quieter pace of life whilst still easily commutable from major towns
For more information or to apply, please contact Imogen Bryant at Specsavers Recruitment Services on 01566 770222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Specsavers has been going from strength to strength, ever since the business started back in 1984. We strive for the highest clinical standards – and believe that the customer should be at the heart of everything we do. We also recognise that our people are critical to our past and future success – so we do everything we can to make sure they get the experience and career they’re looking for: from outstanding training and a personal development plan, to excellent benefits and unstinting support. The business has nearly 1,500 stores across 12 countries – and is still growing. We want you to be part of this outstanding success story.
This vacancy will close once we have filled all available assessment places. We therefore highly recommend early applications.