Optometrist - Ebbw Vale, South Wales
We are one of the leading Optical Groups in the UK and worldwide. Our passion is to deliver outstanding patient care, combined with sound dispensing advice and product recommendations that best suit individual customer needs. In additional to the highest quality equipment, we aim to provide both our store staff and our customers with an excellent overall environment. We are seeking a qualified Optometrist for our store in Ebbw Vale in Wales.
As an Optometrist you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out eye examinations in accordance with Company procedures and NHS regulations
- Pre-testing and field screening is accurately, safely and efficiently completed
- Ensuring that any referral letters are written and dispatched promptly
- Ensuring that all customers have a clear understanding of dispensing options for their prescription. Advise customers on appropriate eyecare options, including suitability for contact lenses and current promotions
- Ensuring that each customer receives a consistent quality 3-way handover
- Adopting a flexible approach to seeing ‘walk in’ patients
- Maintaining patient records to the professional standards required by the company
- Maintaining cleanliness of consulting room and contact lens areas
- Carrying out contact lens fitting and aftercare as required
- Providing insertion / removal instruction to patients as required
- Attending and participating in team meetings.
- Maintaining up-to-date clinical and professional knowledge.
- Performing any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably requested by the senior optometrist
About the Role
To be highly professional in the test room, and work with the store team to deliver the highest clinical and customer service standards, meeting both patient needs and achieving business objectives
Bachelors Degree in Optometry
Registration with the GOC
Location: Ebbw Vale, Wales
Salary: £30,000- £45,000 depending on experience
Closing Date to apply: 05 January 2018
Please apply to: email@example.com or call Ben Bushby on 01566 771892