Optometrist - Larkhall
Specsavers is no doubt for the majority of the UK’s Optometrists population the employer of choice. Since the business began back in 1984 Specsavers has taken pride in the way it works with its Optometrists through their personal and clinical development. We believe we are the best company to work for with regards to career development opportunities. We work to the highest clinical standards putting the patient at the forefront of everything we do.
As a company, we have listened to what’s important to our current employees and Optometrists joining the business.
- Flexibility (Full or Part Time, Job Share, Condensed days/hours…) We have the flexibility to look at multiple options
- Inclusive working environment (An open-door policy where all questions are welcomed)
- Team engagement
- Recognition (Being recognised not just for doing your job day to day but for going that extra mile and knowing what you do matters and is appreciated)
- Development opportunities both clinical and personal (The opportunity of moving internally within the Specsavers UK network of stores or worldwide with our increasing number of stores globally. Clinically we are currently rolling out OCT to all our stores. 75% of our Optometrists are Glaucoma stage 1/2 accredited and we also have a huge development drive on EOS and MEC's pre-& post -cataract & Glaucoma monitoring as well as supporting IP
- A package and benefits that suits your lifestyle (This can be discussed at telephone and interview stage)
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time Optometrist up to 2 day's per week initially within our new store in Larkhall. The role would be suitable for Optometrists of various levels of experience as development is tailored specifically towards each individual. As an Optometrist you will make sure our patients get an expert eye examination, complete with clear information, sound advice and a friendly, professional approach. You’ll work to the highest clinical standards, ensure we comply with NHS guidelines (and our own procedures), and help to build a loyal community customer base.
As a professional, you’ll be an expert at putting people at ease and have the ability to talk customers through the eye examination process and explain their options in a clear, easy to understand way. What’s more, you’re organised and passionate about what you do – which means you keep accurate records and always have up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in your field.
Store & Technology
The practice in Larkhall is a new store opening soon on a busy main street with a number of other well established independent and high street names and only 20 minutes from Glasgow City centre. Larkhall is a growing town with new housing developments and a growing community with excellent transport links with both rail and bus and also easy access from the M74 motorway. Initially the practice will have 2 test rooms and around 7 employees, growing over time with more test rooms and employees in order to support the local community, working with leading edge technology including OCT/Fundus and TonoRef III in order to provide the best patient care
- Competitive basic salary
- Private Healthcare & Dental
- GOC Fees Paid
- Holidays - increasing
- Other Specsavers perks
- For more benefits please ask
For this fantastic opportunity you’ll need to demonstrate strong attention to detail along with a passion for customer service. Team work also forms a big part of our culture so the ability to work well with other people is essential.
If you would like to apply for this position or receive further information please call Neil Birkett on 07508 729 205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Optometrist - Larkhall
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly