Optometrist - Bideford
Specsavers Opticians in Bideford are currently seeking to recruit experienced GOC registered Optometrists.
Duties of the roles will include:
- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles and contact lenses, as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
- To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
- To maintain patient records to a professional standard.
- To maintain ongoing professional CPD.
Qualifications / skills required:
- Full registration as an Optometrist with the GOC.
- Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the college of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
- Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition.
- Must have excellent patient / customer care skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
To apply for this post please forward your full CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the post. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing date for applications: 30/06/2017