Optometrist - Newmedica, Suffolk
A Clinical Role, for the Clinically Focussed Professional
As an Optometrist with Newmedica, you’ll enjoy all the benefits that come with being part of the UK’s leading optical brand, in a specialised role dedicated to life outside of the typical test room. This role has a greater emphasis on clinical Optometry, making this the perfect next step for the clinically minded professional.
- Competitive base salary from £55,000 pro rata (DOE)
- Travel and fuel allowance
- Bonus scheme
- All professional qualifications required and desired are supported, all with access to ophthalmologists for support and clinical advancement (funded for you)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Full time or part time considered (3 to 5 days per week)
- Role available to candidates in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Clinically focussed, away from the high street
This role takes you away from the retail setting of the high street, and has a greater emphasis on clinical Optometry, making your role more specialised and interesting. In this role, you’ll get excellent clinical experience and exposure, and be involved in the whole process; from interpretation to consulting to decision making. A role with Newmedica can be very exciting for more clinically focussed professionals.
An Overview of Newmedica
Newmedica are eye care specialists that are contracted by NHS Trusts to deal with chronic eye conditions, such as glaucoma. You’ll be working in a team of Clinical Assistants, Optometrists and Consultant Opthalmologists out of local eye clinics or portable community glaucoma clinics, performing eye tests and putting patients forward for consultancy and treatment.
- A passion and interest in clinical areas of optometry and an aptitude for customer service
- General understanding of Goldman Tonometry or a drive to learn more
- WOPEC Qualifications are desirable, as is Diabetic Screening experience
- General understanding and interest in NHS processes
These clinics will be a mix of General, Cataract and Glaucoma clinics, so the candidates will ideally have the following skills (the more of the below that the person has, the better. We are also happy to provide training for new starters
- Visual Acuity
- Funduscopy (volk lens)
- Ability to interpret OCT
- Humphrey Visual Fields
Optometrist would usually carry out the following tests when with a patient:
- Slit lamp
- Administering drops
- Disc Assessment
The locations for these clinics would be Ipswich, Felixstowe, Leiston, Stowmarket, Newmarket, Sudbury and Bury St Edmunds.
This isn’t a single position to fill, we are looking for multiple professionals to join our team. So, if you know anyone that might be interested, please refer them onto us, and you could receive a generous referral reward from us.
For more information or to apply, please contact Polly Jopling at Specsavers Recruitment on 01566 771 889 or email at email@example.com