Optometrist - Romsey
At our Romsey store you’ll soon see why over almost 30 years Specsavers has become the number one provider of professional eyecare in the UK.
**TIER 2 APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY**
- Fantastic base salary of £60,000 and bonus scheme for the right candidate
- Dental and Medical cover included
- Professional fees paid
- Fantastic progression opportunities
Duties will include:
- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles, contact lenses as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing
- To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required
- To maintain patient records to a professional standard
- To maintain ongoing professional CPD
The opportunity in more detail:
As an Optometrist in our Romsey store you’ll be focused on making sure our customers get an expert eye examination, complete with clear information, sound advice and a friendly, professional approach. You’ll work to the highest clinical standards, ensuring we comply with NHS guidelines and help to build a loyal customer base. If contact lens appointments aren't your cup of tea then not to worry, our in-store CLO is there to take care of that.
As an experienced professional, you’ll be an expert at putting people at ease. You can talk customers through the eye examination process and explain their options in a clear, easy to understand way. What’s more, you’re organised and passionate about what you do – which means you keep accurate records and always have up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in your field.
Our Romsey store are able to offer the right candidate full autonomy in their role, you will have complete control over your day, down to the hours you work.
To apply you must:
- Be fully registered as an Optometrist with the GOC
- Have achieved core competencies as specified by the college of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC
- Be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition
- Have excellent patient / customer care skills
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be able to demonstrate sound professional ethics
If you would like to apply for this fantastic position or receive further information please call Jack Dorrian on 01566 771886 or email email@example.com