Optometrist - Coulby Newham
Optometrist - Coulby Newham
Specsavers Recruitment Services currently have a superb opportunity for a customer focused newly qualified or experienced Optometrist to work in our flagship platinum employer stores in Middlesbrough and Coulby Newham.
This vacancy gives you the opportunity to be based in either one of our stores, or, if you like to have some change in your working week, you can be based across both stores.
Specsavers Middlesbrough is a large store based in the city centre of Middlesbrough featuring 10 test rooms, two hearcare rooms and a team of 45 staff. Just a 15 minute drive away, our medium sized Coulby Newham store has 5 test rooms, 1 hearcare room and 12 staff members.
Both stores are kitted out with Nidek and Specsavers Phoropters, Autofocimeters in all rooms, Oculus trial frames and lenses, Tonoref (Autorefracter and NCT tonometer), Fundus photography linked to all rooms, Eyecare Tonometer, and Goldmann Tonometers. We’re also due to have an OCT machine by the end of 2018 and in room touchscreen computers. We also have an onsite Laboratory.
Our stores promote a positive and friendly working environment, where all employees have the opportunity to put their views forward in order to develop both the store and themselves. We recognise that our employees are essential to the success of the store and as such we value each and every member of our staff.
What are you looking for in a role and company?
- We know that everyone is individual and as such we will tailor a package to suit you. You can also expect the following in your package:
- A choice of working at either Coulby Newham or Middlebrough or between both - whichever suits you
- Either full or part time hours available (full time includes 40 hours across 7 days, 09:00-17:30 Monday to Saturday, 10:00-16:00 Sunday)
- Fexible shifts and shorter days available
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 bank holidays totalling 33 days overall (if bank holidays are worked you can expect your normal salary and you will be free to us the holiday on an alternative day)
- Pension: 5% of your annual salary contribution
- Healthcare - full medical and dental cover - worth £800 annually
- Parking pass included - worth £600 per year
- Sponsorship of Vision aid overseas and independent prescribing
- Salary - very competitive newly qualiﬁed and qualiﬁed salaries and packages
- GOC membership and professional insurance paid
- Can also provide a relocation fee
We are keen to really develop your career through personal, professional and clinical development based on your requirements with the following on offer:
- Pre-reg supervision available
- ILM & JVP pathway with real JVP opportunities - course fully paid and supported
- Paediatric, Glaucoma and Independant prescribing diploma course paid and supported
- Optometrist manager and senior positions available
- CET events funded including PAC seminars with travel and expenses paid
Middlesbrough is a great place to live and work! The vibrant town centre is packed with a great choice of shops, restaurants, bars, nightclubs and entertainment venues. You can also ﬁnd space to relax in centre square and in parks, galleries and museums. Middlesbrough also has many unique attractions and many sports, ﬁtness and health facilities. With excellent transport links - it is very easy to commute by bus or national rail to nearby cities such as Newcastle, York and Leeds! Specsavers is located on the main high street conveniently located opposite the town bus station. The store has recently undergone a shop ﬁt and the latest equipment and technology installed providing the best patient optical care available.
Specsavers Coulby Newham is situated within the parkway shopping centre of Coulby Newham. The parkway centre is an extension of a Tesco superstore with free parking. Coulby Newham is a smaller area within the borough of Middlesbrough with a resident population of approximately 11,000. A great store to work in with a closely-knit team passionate about giving the best optical care possible to patients.
To work for this store means you will be contributing to the ongoing growth of this fast-paced, forward thinking business. This really is an exciting opportunity to work with an exceptional team that are passionate about delivering the best patient care possible.
For more details on this exciting opportunity please contact Sophie Ayland at Specsavers Recruitment Services on 01566 770 129 or email Sophie.email@example.com