Optometrist wanted in beautiful North Somerset
To assist the current team with sight tests, eye examinations and contact lens fittings.
We believe in honesty with our patients and staff and we offer a very pleasant working environment. Independent husband and wife Practice since 1986. We aim to offer a highly personal service, using a wide range of instrumentation and technology. Including:-
- Topcon OCT
- Oculus Topographer
- Thomson computerised charts
- Goldmann, Perkins, Icare & Pulsair Tonometers,
- Pachymeter and video slit lamp
- Humphrey FDT and VFA.
- Topcon iClarity practice management software. Paperless optometric and dispensing records
We order lenses from all major lens suppliers, but use 90% Essilor, remote edged, lenses. Frames and CLs are widely sourced.
We are a Sightcare practice; we run an in-house DD Plan.
- No Saturdays, flexible working, 8-6 opening.
- Fully trained support staff. 4 experienced Optometric Assistants and 1 newly appointed. 2 Qualified Dispensing Opticians and 1 trainee.
- Training programme for all staff
- Staff discounts
- Free parking
- Air-conditioned premises
- Possible succession opportunity, but Pre–Reg considered
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
We undertake advanced CL fitting, including OrthoK and CW and have an interest in Therapeutics and Behavioural Optometry.
In a busy village, with all local services. At the foot of the beautiful Mendip Hills, 20 minutes by car to Weston super Mare, from where trains run and the M5 takes you to Bristol or Taunton in 30 minutes. 20 minutes to Bristol International Airport. Local Buses run through the village. It has an excellent primary school, which feeds to Churchill Comprehensive 4 miles away, or over the hills in Somerset you would be in the Cheddar Valley 3 school system.
Caving, horse riding, cycling, walking and the coast are all on the door step.
Apply for Optometrist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly