Dispensing Optician Consultant - Central London
An expanding group of independent Opticians based in Central London (Zone 1) are looking for a full time Dispensing Optician Consultant to join the team.
This is a brand new training role with the company and it is an excellent opportunity to join a new type of British spectacles company at the start of an exciting journey.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, motivated and must be a qualified Dispensing Optician. They will be driven and looking for a role in which they can contribute and support a growing company.
- To support workshops in achieving an exceptional level of dispensing.
- Assess the level of experience within the shop teams by working alongside them.
- Develop training plans and actions for each shop member to support their specific needs and build confidence.
- To act as a mentor and in shop trainer.
- To monitor consistency and implement structures for dispensing accuracy and consistency across shops.
- To build and deliver a training program that ensures a consistent high level of dispensing across shops.
- To compose dispensing guidance to be shared on training platforms to support new staff and ongoing training.
- Raise needs in terms of optical equipment in order to have all necessary tools in each shop
- Advise on the latest developments in lenses and recommend the options to have available in the business.
- To identify any risks in the business and suggest appropriate actions.
- To monitor errors made and look into issues surrounding these to be learnt from and avoided in the future.
- Observe costs to the business when losing patients and implement actions to reduce these costs.
- To provide feedback and weekly updates on progress.
- To support our mission to provide a seamless customer journey of the dispense and collection experience in all shops.
- To liaise with developers to alter our ordering software to reduce dispensing errors.
- To ensure the focus on the customer and their experience is at the forefront of everything they do.
- Act as a representative for the brand to help educate and excite others about their mission and values.
- Have worked in a mid to high-end independent practise
- Have at least 6 years post DO training qualification
- Have significant experience with teaching and training
- Be comfortable working in different environments and travelling to different locations as the role requires
- Must demonstrate ability to work autonomously
- Ability to troubleshoot and have experience fixing major problems.
- Be great at communicating clearly and effectively
- Be passionate about spectacles, both style, design and manufacture
Salary and Benefits
- Salary around £35,000
- Annual Bonus
- The opportunity to be part of something truly special, as they seek to become the greatest spectacles company in the world
- A fast past environment with significant progression opportunities, working alongside smart, driven and interesting people
- Monthly team events for the whole company
- Spectacles making classes
- Thursday morning yoga
- Free spectacles and sunglasses for you (a pair a quarter), and discounts for friends and family
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.
Apply for Dispensing Optician Consultant - Central London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly