Lead Optometrist - Ayr
Specsavers is no doubt for the majority of the UK’s Optometrists population the employer of choice. Since the business began back in 1984 Specsavers has taken pride in the way it works with its Optometrists through their personal and clinical development. We believe we are the best company to work for with regards to career development opportunities. We work to the highest clinical standards putting the patient at the forefront of everything we do.
As a company, we have listened to what’s important to our current employees and Optometrists joining the business.
- Flexibility (Full or Part Time, Job Share, Condensed days/hours…) We have the flexibility to look at multiple options
- Inclusive working environment (An open-door policy where all questions are welcomed)
- Team engagement
- Recognition (Being recognised not just for doing your job day to day but for going that extra mile and knowing what you do matters and is appreciated)
- Development opportunities both clinical and personal (The opportunity of moving internally within the Specsavers UK network of stores or worldwide with our increasing number of stores globally. Clinically we are currently rolling out OCT to all our stores. 75% of our Optometrists are Glaucoma stage 1/2 accredited and we also have a huge development drive on EOS and MEC's pre-& post -cataract & Glaucoma monitoring as well as supporting IP
- A package and benefits that suits your lifestyle (This can be discussed at telephone and interview stage)
A truly outstanding opportunity has arisen in our Ayr Specsavers store for a lead Optometrist. This store is a part of the UK's most trusted optical brand and has enjoyed a strong period of growth recently, so as a result are looking to add and strengthen their team. The store itself has 6 testing rooms and proudly supports the local community and beyond. The store prides itself on the relaxed working environment where everyone supports each other to the success of the store.
As an Optometrist you have options with regards your development both clinically and personally, its entirely up to you what you want from the role. Our Ayr practice prides itself on providing excellent clinical care, working with local authorities to provide diabetic retinopathy screening as well as cataract post op and LVA assessment services. This practice sees a lot of different pathology making it the perfect place to expand your clinical knowledge. The practice currently has three Optometrists that can independently prescribe and are always happy to nurture and provide support for those that are eager to become IP accredited.
Ayr itself is renowned for its beautiful coastline and beaches as well as its racecourse, golf courses and breathtaking countryside only a short distance away and all of this only 40 minutes away from Glasgow.
As the Lead Optometrist you will:
- Be the bridge between the Optometrists and the Store Director and essentially b oversea the Optom team
- Run 1-1's with other Optometrist
- Support and take responsibility for internal Optometrist training
- Lead monthly optometrist general meetings
- Provide an outstanding clinical service – from eye tests to contact lens fitting
- Maintain an exceptional standard of customer care
- Work with the Dispensing Optician to ensure clinics run smoothly
- Take full responsibility for inspiring and coaching your colleagues
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours – compressed working hours can possibly be accommodated
- Relocation package available
- Extremely progressive store, can be involved in clinical specialities if this is a route that interests you
- Working closely with local hospitals
- 29 days holiday
- GOC fees paid
- Medical and dental package
- Private pension
- Specsavers Perks
For more information or to apply for this position please call Neil Birkett on 07508 729 205 or email email@example.com
Apply for Lead Optometrist - Ayr
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly