Senior Optical Glazing technician - Birmingham
An experienced Optical Senior Glazing Technician is required to join a leading optical lens manufacturer based in Birmingham. The lab currently supplies a full glazing service to independent Opticians across the UK, and you will be responsible for preparing customer prescriptions to the highest standards possible.
- To work mainly within the glazing area of operations carrying out all listed tasks in accordance to SOP;
- Frame tracing
- Manual & automated blocking
- Lens edging (manual & automated)
- Rimless drilling & milling
- Hand finishing and fitting of:
- Full rim metal/plastic frames
- Supra/nylon frames
- Rimless frames
- Specialist frames such as Horn, Gold, Wooden, Lindberg etc
- Ability to rectify orders that may fall below the company expected standard
- Final verification of complete spectacles to ISO standards
- To ensure work is prioritised appropriately in date order, to meet customer expectations.
- To ensue that requirements for consumable replenishments are reported to a member of the leadership group when necessary.
- Too pro-actively deal with process issues and report to line management when necessary.
- Promote regular, positive communication to the team and other members of the leadership group, encouraging operational morale.
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned, maintained and in good working order for production.
- To ensure the working environment is clean and tidy, to reduce contamination and meet Health & Safety objectives, influencing everyone within the workplace.
- Previous glazing experience is essential
- Understanding of lenses and the overall production process
- Rimless and supra knowledge
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to lead by example
- Understanding and supporting the needs of the team in terms of objectives and goals
- Good literacy and numeracy
Salary and Additional Information
- Up to £24,300 basic salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical cover
- Monday to Friday rota basis between 07.00am and 18.00pm, alternative Saturdays between 08.30am and 4.00pm.
- 37.5 hours a week
To apply for this role please your details across to Rebecca Wood on or call 0114 238 1726 for more information