Optometrist - St.Albans - New Independent Opticians
A brand new independent Opticians is due to open in November/October time in the St Albans area, and the client is looking to recruit an exceptional full time Optometrist to join the team.
The practice will be sleek and modern, with a team of around 3-4 people including the Optometrist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a new Opticians, and to help build and maintain a loyal patient base.
- Working as the sole Optometrist
- Personally delivering an eye examination and Contact Lens service to a consistently high clinical and customer service standard.
- 20 minute appointment times with pre-screening done by the support team
- Identifying any signs of injury, disease, abnormality and vision defects, checking for general health conditions at the same time
- Issuing prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses and advising them of the appropriate eyecare options
- Fitting and checking prescribed lenses in order to correct vision defects
- Make recommendations from the testing room to increase sales of glasses, contact lenses, coatings etc.
- Conduct three way handovers
- Support the Opticians Manager to ensure the clinics run efficiently
- Understand the sales targets and key performance indicators - making suggestions where actions could improve performance
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ensure patient history computer records are at the required professional standards
- Fully qualified Optometrist registered with the GOC
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercially aware
- Base salary between £45,000 to £55,000
- Bonus scheme based on turnover
- All professional fees paid
- 33 days holidays in total
This is a full time role including Saturdays with working hours from 9am to 5pm. You will work 37.5 hours a week.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.
Apply for Optometrist - St.Albans - New Independent Opticians
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly