Optometrist - St Andrews
A truly outstanding opportunity has arisen within the utterly enchanting historic seaside town of St Andrews, which lies to the northeast of Edinburgh. World renowned for its golf, the ruins of St Andrews castle, the University, diverse culture, beautiful sandy beaches, coffee shops, restaurants and so much more. This really is a unique opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified Optometrist who is looking a full or part time role in a location of beauty and a Platinum employer accredited store that truly believes in developing and supporting its Optometrists in a flexible, friendly patient driven environment.
We can look at part time roles, a contract role, permanent, if you are a locum why not have the peace of mind with 2 days employed where you get all the benefits and development and can locum the other days getting the best of both worlds. This role would suit an experienced or newly qualified Optometrist
Specsavers is no doubt for the majority of the UK’s Optometrists population the employer of choice. Since the business began back in 1984 Specsavers has taken pride in the way it works with its Optometrists through their personal and clinical development. We believe we are the best company to work for with regards to career development opportunities. We work to the highest clinical standards putting the patient at the forefront of everything we do.
As a company, we have listened to what’s important to our current employees and Optometrists joining the business.
- Flexibility (Full or Part Time, Job Share, Condensed days/hours…) We have the flexibility to look at multiple options
- Inclusive working environment (An open-door policy where all questions are welcomed)
- Team engagement
- Recognition (Being recognised not just for doing your job day to day but for going that extra mile and knowing what you do matters and is appreciated)
- Development opportunities both clinical and personal (The opportunity of moving internally within the Specsavers UK network of stores or worldwide with our increasing number of stores globally. Clinically we are currently rolling out OCT to all our stores. 75% of our Optometrists are Glaucoma stage 1/2 accredited and we also have a huge development drive on EOS and MEC's pre-& post -cataract & Glaucoma monitoring as well as supporting IP
- A package and benefits that suits your lifestyle (This can be discussed at telephone and interview stage)
What can we offer:
- Excellent salary, negotiable depending on experience
- Lucrative bonus structure - can earn up to £5000 per year
- Development opportunities both personally and clinically
- Support with gaining IP qualification - fully paid for, this includes days off, study etc.
- Pre-Reg supervision
- Full medical and dental cover
- Free Parking
- Support from DO's
- Pathway opportunity if interested
- Flexible working approach
- GOC paid
- CET points
- And so much more...
This is a well-established store, with all new state of the art equipment that is due for expansion in the near future with part time or permanent roles available.
For this fantastic opportunity you’ll need to demonstrate strong attention to detail along with a passion for customer service. Team work also forms a big part of our culture so the ability to work well with other people is essential.
If you would like to apply for this position or receive further information please call Neil Birkett on 07508 729 205 or email email@example.com