Dispensing Optician - Swindon
PPRUK Optometry are now recruiting for this large Optical and hearing specialist group. They have been established for over 25 years and have grown significantly in size across the country. Due to expansion they are looking for a qualified Dispensing Optician to join them at their head office.
You will be responsible for the training and monitoring/support of continual professional growth and development of the Clinical Services & Support Patient Optical Advisor team.
This shall enable them to achieve customer service excellence, adhere to department and company processes and procedures, and that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standards. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and leading training sessions including those in communication, service, procedural and the Clinical Services & Support optical training programme.
Position: Dispensing Optician/ Clinical Services and Support Trainer
Required: 1 year as a GOC registered Dispensing Optician
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Bonus: is paid monthly as earned.
Hours: Monday – Friday (NO WEEKENDS)
- No weekend or Bank Holiday working (EVER).
- GOC and ABDO fees paid for you
- Pension scheme (5% contributory pension)
- Generous holiday entitlement 20 days per year plus 8 bank holidays
- Discounted Eyeware- 50% on regular frames 25% on designer
- Treat days for 100% attendance
- After 2 years you will get £250 glasses allowance. This goes up by £50 a year but is capped at £500.
To apply for this position you must be registered with the General Optical Council (GOC) and with the ABDO
Activities of the role
- Managing customer enquiries and aftercare issues over the phone including any complaints and escalated queries.
- Respond to incoming telephone calls as necessary adhering at all times to the department procedures and recorded call excellence.
- Responding to email/written queries and complaints supporting formal complains procedure when necessary.
- To coach and support the team, including regular 1-1 coaching sessions and call and e-mail monitoring.
- Work alongside department manager and team Supervisor to identify team learning and development requirements and support growth.
- Aftercare and call auditing supporting professional development when required.
- Active/live call monitoring of the Patient Optical Advisor’s for learning and support of company/team procedures.
- To maintain a safe and healthy working environment adhering to clear desk/department policy.
- Take and transfer calls from other professionals to the most appropriate source.
- Ensure that all responses are carried out in a professional/timely and courteous manner.
- Use knowledge, experience and questioning skills to prioritise workload.
- Identify and resolve all patient queries by using initiative, ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Maintain high standards at all times of personal appearance, timekeeping, attendance and respect of company property.
- Competently manage and record information as required maintaining audit excellence.
- Complies with all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Etc Act 1974 and with the Company’s current Health and Safety Policies.
- To oversee the continued learning and development of colleagues and self.
- Identify new training requirements and implementing new procedures/resources.
- Support internal/external colleagues/departments on delivery of aftercare provision.
To apply to this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call direct on 03339001111
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you would like an informal chat to discuss this superb opportunity to join my client, please contact me as below. Alternatively, if you would be interested in other opportunities within this area, please call me on 0333 900 1111 or email me at email@example.com
If this role is not suitable for you, then perhaps you have a colleague who would be interested. We do have a ‘recommend a friend’ scheme which would benefit you by £100 in cash! For further details please visit our website at www.ppruk.com - You can also view other career options available at the moment.
PPRUK Ltd is an employment agency and advertises all registered vacancies, having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON PPR UK AND ITS CURRENT NATIONAL VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.ppruk.com