Optical Assistant - Oldham - Busy and Friendly Practice
As an Optical Assistant, you’ll make sure every customer gets a great experience when they come into my client's store. From a warm welcome, through to help with selecting the right products for their eyewear and eye care needs. You'll get to know your customers, building great rapport, putting them at ease and get a real feeling of satisfaction from helping them look and feel great. It means listening to what they want, explaining our offers and products and dispensing different types of lenses. You’ll work to NHS guidelines (as well as my client's high standards), give good, clear advice and make a positive, memorable impression, thanks to your polite and professional approach.
You’ll also get involved with booking eye examinations, completing eye health screening and helping select the best eye care solutions for each customer. With a business that’s constantly expanding, both in the UK and abroad, the opportunities to expand your knowledge base and develop a career have never looked better!
That’s why Your World Optical Recruitment are looking for individuals who take real pride in delivering exceptional service and who love talking to people.
To secure this role you will need previous experience as either an Optical Assistant or Dispensing Assistant and have a real passion for providing fantastic customer care. In return, my client will offer:
- Full time or part time opportunities welcomed
- Competitive basic salary
- Excellent working hours
- Fun, Vibrant and modern working environment
- Fantastic career progression plan
- Pension scheme
What is required from you:
- Greeting customers at the door as they enter the shop
- Helping customers select the correct frame for their lenses
- Measuring the frames and ensure they fit perfectly
- Ordering prescription glasses and contact lenses in for the customer
- Making appointments and follow up appointments for customers
- Making adjustments to frames when necessary
- Carrying out pre-screening tests such as retinal imaging and visual field testing
- Explaining offers and products to customers
- Taking and processing payments.
- Basic IT skills will be required
- Relevant experience in a customer service or retail role would be an advantage and may be essential.
More about Your World Healthcare
We are Your World Healthcare, a healthcare staffing agency with over ten years in the industry. Our specialist Optometry Division supplies the pick of the jobs to Optical Assistants nationwide.
We supply to 280 NHS Trusts and CCGS, and 338 private healthcare organizations within the UK. Last year, Your World provided our candidates with over 3 million hours of work!
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, apply today! Want to know more about our fantastic Optometry opportunities? Contact our team on 020 7220 0824 or email Shea Caesar at email@example.com and discover a better Optometry career with us.
Apply for Optical Assistant - Oldham - Busy and Friendly Practice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly