OPTICAL ASSISTANT | INDEPENDENT | BRISTOL | £18K - £22K | FULL TIME |
Match2Match Recruitment is currently seeking an Optical Assistant for our independent client based in the Bristol.
Our client is a well-established independent optical practice that has provided eye care for 40 years. The practice enjoys an excellent reputation for the quality of its professional service and customer care. All their eye examinations include digital retinal screening. They have two sight testing rooms fully booked on most days of the week and normally have two dispensing opticians working every day together with two or three support staff.
The appointment book, till and dispensing are run through their practice management system. Their clinical records are still on paper although they plan to change this in the near future.
They aim to cater for all tastes and budgets with their spectacles. Their frames range from basic styles to names such as Lindberg and Tom Ford. They are a Varilux Specialist Optician with glazing done off-site by two excellent laboratories. Contact lenses are an important part of their business and they fit a wide range of soft and GP lenses.
You will have a minimum of one year’s experience working in an optical practice. Ideally, they would like you to have as much experience as possible and will provide training if necessary to ensure that all their staff is working to the same high standards. What is most important to them is having someone who will enjoy supporting all the members of a busy and happy team.
Duties & responsibilities:
They would love to find someone with all of these skills but, for the right applicant, they will be very happy to provide training where necessary.
- Promote the practice and support our professional staff and the partners.
- General reception duties including booking appointments and filing.
- Assist our dispensing opticians with dispensing spectacles.
- Using focimeter to check spectacles.
- Fittings and adjustments.
- Small repairs.
- Assisting with window display, keeping our frame selection and display areas tidy and clean
- Taking retinal scans using an OCT and an Optos Daytona.
- Ordering and checking contact lenses.
- Contact lens instruction.
- Most important is being willing to help in all areas to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Job Benefits and Information:
- 20 days holidays + Bank Holidays
- Career progression
- High-end practice and frames
- Opportunity to work with a friendly and motivated team
The Match2Match team are available to answer your questions and assist you accordingly in finding the right role for you!
For more information, call our recruitment team on:
Office Numbers: 020-8172-0474 or 020-8172-0449
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to every applicant personally. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful at this time.