Optometrist - Independent - Chichester
Your World Optical has partnered with a fantastic client near West Sussex, who are looking for a GOC registered Optometrist. This is a particularly exciting position for a candidate who wants to work for an independent practice who are expanding and looking for an Optometrist who might be interested in buy-out plans, partnership and effectively being the ‘Head of Optical Department’ for the business.
Our client has three lovingly handcrafted stores based on the Sussex coast. They pride themselves on superb customer service. All employees are required to be either GOC qualified Dispensing Opticians or Optometrists, and the non-qualified staff has all been trained over an extended period to give them to skills to provide clinical support and guidance.
Your World’s client can consider an applicant on a full time or part-time basis, and flexible working will be considered for the right person. You will be required to work between a few branches in the region and thus will need to be able to travel in the area. All travel will be expensed between practices.
This role is not for the average Optometrist. We are looking for someone who wants to step into a role that can offer them an exciting and clinical working environment, but also move into a lead/management position within the company.
Independent practices rarely provide an environment to progress and develop. However, this business is looking for someone who wants to get involved with the day-to-day running of the practice(s). This will include improving and introducing new services to the business. We have detailed some of the opportunities the company can present you with:
- You will be given progression to move into future roles such as Head of Optical Services, Professional Services Optometrist or Ophthalmic Director
- As per the above, a profit sharer and directorship opportunities are available for the right candidate. There will be options to buy into the business as part of a planned retirement plan
- You will be able to maintain and introduce new processes, procedures, and services to the practice(s)
- Along with maintaining clinical standards, you can also have a large influence on the type of equipment in practice – the store is already looking at expanding its range to include more accurate and automated services
- You will work closely with the Hearcare directors of the business and will organize and manage locum cover where applicable
Benefits & Rewards
- Salary is largely dependent on experience and will rise after successful completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Full time preferred, part-time considered
- Working between three practices
- Pension Contribution
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays (rising with service)
- Flexibility with working patterns and days when required
You've read the advert. You know what's required. Time to apply?
Here at Your World Healthcare, we understand that applying for an unknown job can be daunting. That's why we are happy to tell you more about the job individually. Feel free to email email@example.com quoting YW_WS_OO as a reference. Our head of Optometry, Tom Peppiatt, will get in touch and will be happy to arrange a confidential conversation.
Apply for Optometrist - Independent - Chichester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly