Professional Services Consultant Ophthalmic Job, Manchester
Professional Services Consultant - Ophthalmic- Northern England and Scottish borders
Our client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and 1-day lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics with a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers.
Are you a contact lenses optician or an optometrist's professional who is keen to get into a commercial role within the contact lenses field? You will work closely with eye care practitioners developing knowledge through training, education and provide clinical support to both external and internal customers of Client to elevate the profession profile of our client within the UK and Ireland.
Our client is a market leading optical device brand who have built an outstanding reputation and are represented in Opticians across the country. This represents an outstanding opportunity for Optometrist/contact lenses professionals who are motivated by training and educating in their field and are keen to work with industry leading brand.
Northern England and Scottish borders with frequent travel across UK and Ireland
- Work within a team of Professional Services Consultants, each aligned to a geographic sales region for internal and external local training purposes, in addition to having responsibilities for national events and initiatives.
- Drive contact lens performance in optical practices through the delivery of clinical, product, communications, contact lens category and retail training to drive behaviour change and sales growth. This training may happen in or out of practice.
- Develop, promote and deliver company-approved training material through presentations and practical training at practice training sessions and across a range of events including workshops, seminars, conferences, trade shows. Many of these sessions may be CET accredited with the General Optical Council and will be delivered in accordance to their standards.
- Respond to Clients product/fitting queries that arise from ECPs and practice teams, either directly or through training of appropriate staff.
- Regular co-travels with Business Development Managers within the local region to help develop their clinical knowledge and support customer meetings.
- Offer opinion and counsel on new product development at pre and post-launch stage.
- Write clinical and educational content for trade press, symposia, conferences and exhibitions.
- Keep up to date with contact lens fitting, clinical practice and the latest news on training and coaching techniques.
- Upto £41,500 Basic with 10% bonus
- Pension, training, Company car, laptop, iPad and mobile phone provided
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified GOC-registered Optometrist or Contact Lens Optician Essential- expected 5 years experience
- Strong clinical experience in contact lens fitting and patient management, across a range of lens types and modalities
- Confident speaker with ability to deliver engaging and informative clinical presentations and workshops to an optometric audience
- Full, clean UK driving license required
- Suitable candidates will be based in North England
- This role is field based and will require frequent travel across UK & Ireland
- Occasional European and international travel may be required
What Happens Next
If you would like to be considered, please use the 'Apply' button and attach your latest CV. Alternatively, talk to us in confidence about this opportunity and other suitable positions by contacting a member of the Medical Devices Division on 01423 850418.
Not the right job for you? Click for more Medical Devices Jobs