Experienced Optical Assistant
1 day left
- Full Time
Experienced Optical Assistant
Up to £22,000 depending on experience
Start date: 1st September
We are currently looking for an Experienced Optical Assistant that is passionate and enthusiastic about fashion, luxury and has exceptional customer service.
We are looking for an individual to be part of our expanding store in the heart of Islington, North London.
We offer so much more than just a luxurious working environment. We as a company strive to offer you a structured career path even though we are a small Independent Opticians.
Fisheye Opticians has built a strong reputation for providing the highest standard of optical care and services in Islington for the last 15 years. This is including sight tests, contact lens fittings, spectacles, sunglasses and prescription sunglasses.
Our ability to offer the best possible choice when it comes to frames, lenses and testing technologies combined with impeccable customer service, means that our commitment to building lasting relationships never falls short.
The role requires assisting the Optometrist. You will provide information to customers, working alongside the Optometrist and Practice Manager, to help them select the best products and services to ensure customers see, look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
You will be kept up-to-date with all the various new lines and promotions within the practice, so that you can always provide customers with the most up-to-date information. Lastly, you will play your part within the team, working together and helping and supporting colleagues to deliver a successful and profitable business.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Achieve high levels of sales performance and results
- Know the products inside and out and stay fresh with new merchandise and trends
- Ensure store is displayed and products are secured according to Company guidelines
- Accurately operate the POS system and accounts for all transactions
- Attentive to details; reviews prescriptions and identifies special needs, consulting with an Optician when necessary
- Perform work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and customer volume
- Identify situations involving unsatisfied customers and acts quickly for resolution
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their lifestyle and prescription needs
- Deal with all aspects of basic visual requirements
- Assist with contact lenses
- MUST be able to dispense at any level
- Perform core administrative
- Must keep up to date with current fashion trends
- Be able to update content on all forms of social media platforms
Knowledge and skills
- Computer Savvy
- Social Media Savvy
- Strong selling skills
- Strong communication & listening skills
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Team player
- Able to carry out duties meticulously
- Highly adaptable
Education & Experience
- GCSE’s, A Levels and/or Higher, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in Optical retail, customer service or optical preferred
To Apply: Please submit your CV and covering letter below.
Apply for Experienced Optical Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly