Deputy Site Manager - Optical Glazing Lab
A leading ophthalmic lens manufacturer based in Central London are looking to recruit a full time Deputy Site Manager to help manage the Customer Service, Laboratory and Dispatch team. The site supplies lenses and glazing services to Opticians all across the UK, and has developed an excellent reputation for efficiency and quality.
The overall purpose of the role is to support the Site Manager in managing the resources and infrastructure of the glazing site to ensure the production and delivery of lenses to the specified standards. You will be responsible for the daily organisation of work schedules and staffing levels in the Customer service, Laboratory and Despatch areas to meet agreed KPI targets, and budgets, whilst maintaining a safe working environment and maximising the site's production potential.
- To manage all departmental resources (equipment, machinery, people and processes) to ensure that agreed targets for volumes, productivity, quality and costs are met or exceeded; liaising with Site Manager when necessary.
- To analyse and resolve process, equipment and quality problems as quickly as possible to ensure the smooth running of the Laboratory, Customer Service and Despatch department and minimum disruption to production.
- To monitor and arrange for appropriate adjustments to key production process to ensure that product integrity is maintained and quality standards are met.
- To identify, assess and implement approved new processes, systems and working practices to maintain or improve department performance.
- To manage and develop individual and team performance in line with Company policies, ensuring that employees are trained, motivated and equipped to perform to a high and consistent standard.
- To effectively manage the day to day operations and needs of the office and services, dealing promptly with any issues that may have an adverse effect on the performance of the laboratory and Customer Service team.
- To understand the application of ISO9001:2008, OHSAS18001:2007 and implement all future systems and standards which the company introduces in conjunction with the Quality Dept.
- To work in line with duty of care to self/others and ensure Health & Safety guidelines are followed in line with company policy.
- Substantial experience in all aspects of the glazing processes
- High level of optical knowledge and glazing optical machinery
- Experience of working within, and managing quality systems
- Experience of shop floor/retail optics
- Strong understanding of production and manufacturing processes, Health and Safety and environmental factors
- Proven experience in leadership, management and team building
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- PC literate
This is a Monday to Friday role 9am to 5pm with overtime required on some Saturdays and early mornings.
The salary is between £25,000 to £30,000 plus bonus and various company benefits.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.
Apply for Deputy Site Manager - Optical Glazing Lab
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly