Professional Services Optometrist - North London/Essex
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OPTOMETRIST
Reporting to: Nick our Head of Professional Services.
We are entering an exciting phase of growth and are looking for opticians that are passionate about helping people to join our Professional Services team. There will be a requirement to travel to other optometrists across the London region when needed, you will be responsible for actively driving and managing the professional services requirements, completing clinical observations whilst providing effective advice and support to colleagues.
If all this wasn’t enough you will get every weekend and bank holiday off to enjoy too!
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Eye tests – we expect all of our opticians to adhere to the GOC individual code of conduct.
- Supporting colleagues with clinical advice.
- Supporting new members of staff and assist in them settling into their new role.
- Clinical observations.
- Impart information in a friendly but professional manner.
- Superior customer service skills and thorough understanding of sales process with a needs based approach.
- Awesome, positive, can-do attitude. Highly motivated, results driven personality.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Very organised with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently in a mobile environment.
- Valid UK driving licence with at least 2 year's experience due to insurance requirements.
- Operate in line with company policies, procedures, NHS guidelines and current legislation at all times.
- To comply with all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and with the Company’s current Health and Safety Policies.
- A passion for optometry!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Every weekend off!
- The option to work 4 or 5 days a week for a better work-life balance.
- In-house Continuing Education and Training programme.
- Fully expensed company car.
- GOC fees are covered annually.
- Discounted eye wear and hearing products Full support.
- We pride ourselves on the support we are able to offer our professional staff in all areas.
All successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory written references, medical clearance, and evidence of your right to work in the UK and Disclosure Certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service (Formerly the CRB)
References: One of your referees must be your current line manager and all references must cover the previous five years work or study history.
Under the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, it is the duty of every employee
- To take reasonable care of themselves and others at work.
- To co-operate with The Outside Clinic as far as is necessary to enable them to carry out their legal duty.
- Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with anything provided, including personal protective equipment, for health and safety or welfare at work.
There is a No Smoking Policy throughout The Outside Clinic. This job description is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your Contract of Employment.
The Outside clinic is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger people and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The Outside Clinic is an Equal Opportunities employer.